cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding MobileEngine.Config!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I want to add some new parameters in Mobile Engine.config . I was trying to achieve the same using the transaction DEVICE_CONFIG, I added one parameter to the function MI_config and saved it. But the changes are not getting affected even after synchronization. What could be the possible reason for this? someone help me in this regard.

Thanks&Regards,

Veerabhadram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of going through some transaction, go to the your MI home folder on your client -> Settings. Here you find mobileengine.config. Open it in notepad and simply add the entry with the value followed by it.

Save and close the file. Exit from the mobile engine if it is running and rerun it.

eg.

If you want to show a button on the logon screen of the client which will allow to reset client data then you need to add the parameter:

MobileEngine.Security.ResetLocalLogonPassword=true

Regards,

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Gavande

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul!

Exactly i tried with the same parameter resetting local logon password by editing it using notepad , saved it and restarted the client. I wasn't getting the reset push button on my client. Then i tried with this Device_config transaction. I set the parameter in the same way as mentioned by veerabhadram and its value to true saved it and restarted my client.

Still i couldn't see the changes getting reflected, i was little confused where exactly am i missing in the procedure.

Thanks&Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

May I know which CLient SP level you are using?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul!

Does it have anything to with client version!

The client sp level iam using iss sp00.

Thanks&Regards,

Krishna

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

i think that enhancement is available from MI 25 SP 14 itself.

so if ur client SP level is 00 , u have to upgrade that upto SP 14 or to higher versions.

then ,,

i think it is better to create a common device configuration using DEVICE_CONFIG (in the MI server) and assign this configuration by means of role.

If u have large number of MI users , it is the right way.

Just add this Created configuration to particular role and add this role also to the MI users. Then what we have to do is just start the role synchronization. So that in the next synchronization that particular configuration u have created will overwrite the existing clients configuration..

So it is not a goo method to edit the config file manually in each client..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna & Veer,

Each SP level has some additional feature from the previous SP level. The feature of reset password is available from MI Client 2.5 SP14.

Veer, were you able to resolve your problem?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

All changes made in .Config file gets reflected only after a restart. So, Restart your Mobile Client. if AWT, just close it and reopen it. if JSP, shut down the tomcat and restart the server. you will find the ICON on the SYSTEMTRAY.

Rgds

Ak.