Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Settings for SAP XI/PI Scenarios

Dear Experts,

I am in the process of learning SAP PI and would be happy if somebody clears my doubts about backend settings when executing a scenario.

1) We use RFC destinations when IDOC/ RFC/ HTTP is send to XI; do we use the same kind of RFC destinations when XI sends IDOC/RFC/HTTP to a target system? If I am not wrong then while sending the IDOC/RFC/HTTP from SAP XI the RFC destination is maintained on the SAP XI system and not on the SAP system.

2) When we do a SOAP scenario what backend settings are to be maintained? What/ Which is the port that should be able to cross the Firewall settings? Where is this to be maintained?

For executing some webservices we need to have Internet Connectivity, where should this setting be mentioned so that my XI/ PI server is able to make a call (request/ response) to a webservice which is hosted on Internet.

3) When we setup a File server do we need to maintain any special setting other than installing the file server in the same system where the XI/ PI is installed? Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

I have similar questions (on establishing connectivity) with systems like Database(JDBC) and Email scenarios.

The above questions may be too basic for experts, but for me they are like advance topics. So please help me understand the concepts.

Thanks.

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question