cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I extract data from ST03 - what tables are used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I currently have to create performance statistics daily for management. To do this I use transaction ST03 and manually copy the previous days Dialog average response time, DB, CPU and GU av. times into a spreadsheet, and also the average dialog response time for 4 key transactions from the transaction profile.

It would be nice to automate this. I was thinking of writing a basic ABAP program to query the relevant tables to extract this data - does anyone know which tables are used? I'd tried running a trace but it was not clear which tables/rows etc would be required.

Thanks

Ross

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check MONI?

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/c4/3a68d5505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Had a quick look at MONI as recall this table being mentioned previously, however, it is unreadable.

Also, from the link you provided, note the line:

This table is specially encoded and cannot be accessed using conventional methods.

Any other tables used / ways of de-coding this information??

Cheers

Ross

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like it might be possible to read by using ABAP Program. You can check following link.

[http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-dev/how-to-read-performance-data-using-a-abap-program-from-table-moni-1151111]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj, I will look into using SAPWL_WORKLOAD_GET_SUMMARY as this post suggests.

Cheers

Ross

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that FM is an old one - for NW2004s (700) need to use 'SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES'.

Have a basic program below. What I'm trying to do is get the average response time for transactions. I can get 'respti' from the table but I think this is the total response time - what field represents average response time?

Also, the numbers that it's pulling back don't seem to match the numbers in ST03 at all... except 'dcount'. This seems to correct ly show the number of steps... but the other values don't match anything. What am I doing wrong?

Program below...

Cheers

Ross

REPORT Z_GETSTATS.

PARAMETER: day TYPE dats DEFAULT sy-datum.

DATA: t_usertcode TYPE swnc_t_aggusertcode,

wa_usertcode TYPE swncaggusertcode.

START-OF-SELECTION.

CALL FUNCTION 'SWNC_COLLECTOR_GET_AGGREGATES'

EXPORTING

component = 'TOTAL'

periodtype = 'D'

periodstrt = day

TABLES

usertcode = t_usertcode

EXCEPTIONS

no_data_found = 1

OTHERS = 2.

LOOP AT t_usertcode INTO wa_usertcode.

WRITE:/ wa_usertcode-entry_id.

WRITE:/ wa_usertcode-respti, wa_usertcode-procti, wa_usertcode-cputi, wa_usertcode-dcount, wa_usertcode-ucount.

WRITE:/ '*************************************'.

ENDLOOP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's odd... adapted the program to get the time profile too, and have the following output snippet:

Time: 10 11

EntryID: RTM_COLLECT_ALL RTM_PERIODIC_JOB R RespTi: 87

CPUTi: 40

Time: 10 11

EntryID: SDTS_SCHEDULE_CCMS_PAUSES SAP_CCMS_DT_SCHEDULER R RespTi: 293

CPUTi: 190

The times for RTM_COLLECT_ALL are correct - exactly what I have in ST03.

The times for SDTS_SCHEDULE_CCMS_PAUSES are NOT correct.

HOWEVER! I noticed that if I divide these times by 6 - then they are correct???!!!

So how do I know which values are correct, and which ones to divide by 6?

Ross