cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ABAP exit plug browser auto popup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using the exit plug to close a webdynpro ABAP application.When this plug gets fired a auto popup from browser comes up with option yes and cnacel.When we are clicking on cancel the application is getting hanged instead of getting blank.

Is there any way to skip that browser auto popup using close window method or by some other means.

Thanks In Advance

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can also check the note 0000991849.

We also came across a similar problem in our application.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can check this article for hints.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0018077-f0c9-2b10-87af-eb9bb40776d4&overrid...

Also check this thread had a similar requirement.

Thanks

Avik

Edited by: AVIK SANYAL on Aug 20, 2009 12:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this application deployed in portal. How are you getting this popup.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the application is deployed in portal. Even if we run the application stand alone this popup comes up.But this gets hanged when running in portal.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Small query, this popup is for the "Do you want to save data" i mean to save the changes is that so.

Are you giving this popup.

If this is the above popup kind, check in the portal for the WORK PROTECT MODE option.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you get this popup even w/o portal you must have opened this pop up somewhere in the event/method where the exitplug is fired.

I am not sure from where the pop up comes, Can you check in the method/event where the exit plug is fired....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If you want to close the application without any warnings, you can use javascript in SICF for the corresponding WD appl. In this way when the user clicks it closes the application.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please explain this is some more detail as i am new to abap webdynpro.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you get this popup even w/o portal you must have opened this pop up somewhere in the event/method where the exitplug is fired.

I am not sure from where the pop up comes, Can you check in the method/event where the exit plug is fired....

Regards

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I agree with Prakash, this popup doesn't sound like anything that gets produced by the WD framework. If you see it standalone, then it must be application specific. But I think your problem might be elsewhere. Are you firing an exit plug - but you say that you are hanging when doing this in the portal. From the online help:

Caution

In a portal environment only CLOSE_WINDOW can be used; exit plugs are not permitted.

End of the caution.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/ca3351508f04e7e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm