cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCS lost between XI and R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Web Service -XI-R/3 scenario. The web service sends me two interfaces, one for FI and the other for SD. Botht hte postings are sent together. Normally the FI posting is first sent from XI and then the SD postings are sent. However for two certain days, the FI postings didn't reach SAP R/3 but the SD postings reached R/3.

The messages were processed succesfully in XI. There is an entry in IDX5 for both the postings, however only the SD postings reached R/3.

I did all the possible checks: smq1, smq2, sm58 on both XI and R/3. I couldn't find any entries anywhere for those dates. Are there any other checks available? And any idea why this must have happened?

Thanks and Regards,

Merrilly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the message monitoring in RWB by using [http://host:port/mdt/index.jsp]. Check the message status/audit log for that particular sender, receiver and interface name. Some times it will be processed in IE but stuk up in the AE.

Check the IDoc posting in r/3 by using tcode WE02/WE05, some times message will process in XI, but due to some errors (data validationu2026etc) it will not be posted to the application successfully.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu,

I tried checking the logs through the link you provided (http://host:port/mdt/index.jsp). The interface was run in July, three times in all. Out of these, two times the idocs were lost. But when I check in the message monitoring for July , I get the details for only one interface run, that too with no errors (message procesed succesfully). But when I check it in RWB->Message Monitoring, I get all the 3 message entries. Why is this so?

Ravi,

The outbound side shows checkered flag which means processed successfully, so I can't reprocess a successful message.

I think I'll have to tell the sending party to send the posting again.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks weird; whatever messages processed in MONI, will be available in RWB MM too. But you might have put the filtering condition different in MONI and RWB Message Monitoring thatu2019s why you might had get that. Have a check again. What is the status of the messages in RWB MM? (While filtering set status =all and see the status for the messages processed)

Regards,

Venu V

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Merrily,

May be that the IDOC reached the SAP system but failed (Some status which is not equal to 53)?

Check the idoc's statuses in WE02 transaction, if you have not done it already.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I checked in we02/we05 for the basic type and partner number specifically. No entries at all..

Thanks,

Merrilly

Former Member
0 Kudos

It must not be the case as the main feature of PI is garranteed delivery ...

you please check you adapter logs/system logs ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what baffled me too. Nothing in the system logs for those dates.

Since it's Idoc here, can't check adapter logs.

Thanks and Regards,

Merrilly

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Merrily,

In SXMB_MONI , sroll to the extereme right and see what is the status on the outbound side.

YOu can probably delete/reimport the idoc meta data in IDX2 and see if you can reprocess the message in sxmb_moni.

Regards,

Ravi