SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Validation in Emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to validate and generate error for input data in Emigall?

I want to data that comes through import file. If invalid data I want to show error.

e.g. Business Partner in the incoming file is incorrect, so system should generate error and that data will not be updated.

Like in ABAP we do selection screen data validation.

Kindly help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anindita,

Please have in mind that the import file is created by either a transformation or the legacy system itself. No error check is possible during the import file creation phase. Even the IS Migration Workbench cannot identify problems just in looking at the data as this requires e.g. a validation aginst the customizing or even you own implementation (user-exit etc.). Therefore the ISMW leaves the data check to the application which is responsable to check all the transferred data and either to raise an error message (to be stored in the error log) or to save valid data in the database.

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anindita,

Please have in mind that the import file is created by either a transformation or the legacy system itself. No error check is possible during the import file creation phase. Even the IS Migration Workbench cannot identify problems just in looking at the data as this requires e.g. a validation aginst the customizing or even you own implementation (user-exit etc.). Therefore the ISMW leaves the data check to the application which is responsable to check all the transferred data and either to raise an error message (to be stored in the error log) or to save valid data in the database.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Now, suppose I got error data, able to restrict update with error data though service module used.

Then my query is how to show error data to the user that:

1. these are error data,

2. Not able to update with these data and

3. Any message in the screen or error log of Emigall.

Please help.

0 Kudos

Hello Anindita,

When you import data the load program is doing some first verification/validation of the data (e.g., a mandantory field is populated with a value). The the data is passed to the application which is supposed to do some more checks prior to accepting and subsequently saving the data in the database.

If problems have been encountered with the data, error messages describing the errors can be found in the error log (access through the ISMW statistics). It is also possible to have the load program an error file created containing only the erronous and rejected data objects. This file has the same format as the import file thus can be reviewed and analysed with the import file editor in the ISMW.

You also might want to have a look at for further information.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable answer.

My problem is solved.