Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Application integration with BW

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

we have a webdynpro Abap application which displays some data in an Webdynpro ALV . And these data can be also changed and these data came out of ERP 6.0.

So we need to display - in the same ALV Table - also some data which are only in our BW System.

How could this be done easily, can someone post me an example please.

Or what would be the best approch for such?

best regards

oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to have this Webdynpro component in the BW server also in order to run the application.

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

that's not what we want, as our system for that ist ERP 6.0 where all web-applications run, we just want to mix some data out of bw.

i know there are some FM to read info-sources, but i wonder there should be a more common easy method somewhere????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to use the FileUpload/Download UI elements to extract the data from the BW into the ERP system later this data can be provided as an input to the application.

Or

In the Enterprise portal, create an Iview for this Webdynpro application and run it .

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

the iview possibility we know, but we have to mix the data - online.

so a table would have infos like:

customer number (out of r3) customer name (out of r3) sales turnover (out of bw)

this is our approach but we don't know how, today we use EIS and these data can be selected easily as these are sap-tables inside r3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The webdynpro applicaiton should accept the data from BW also. Then before you run the applicaiotn, you need to upload the data to R3 server(FileUpload/downlaod or You have AcfUpDownload Ui elements) and then this file should be pass to that ALV to have the data from BW.

Refer these links -

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

as i understand there is no possiblity to SELECT online data from a BW System with some mechanism, i always have to put data frist back to r/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be also one of the approaches -

You can make use of RFC call with DESTINATION to get the data from BW right.

Please refer these links -

And also Webservices -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/bf/d005244e9d1d4d92b2fe7935556b4c/frameset.htm

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lehka,

yes i know these possiblities but i would like to have an examples, as the data out of bw cubes are returned as tables with strings, and it seems to be not so easy to interpret these data.

Answers (0)