Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Composite roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added one transaction code in child system. when I am going to CUA and adding this role having this transaction into the composite role it is not getting the data reflected. That transaction added in the child system i snot refelcting in Composite role of CUA. Please advise

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

did you re-read that single role by RFC into the central system before adding it to the composite role?

Does the t-code exist already in the composite role menu (from another single role?) If so, pls check your settings of redundancy avoidance in pfcg according to sap note #504006.

b.rgds, Bernhard

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Once you add a Tcode to a role in child system - the central CUA system has to be updated - Please click on text comparision from child systems button in CUA Central system to make this sync up. Once the activity is complete your CUA should reflect the new tcode in the child system.

Rgds,

Sri

<REMOVED_BY_MODERATOR>

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Aug 20, 2009 10:13 AM

0 Kudos

It will be in Roles Tab of SU01- You can check that.

Rgds,

Sri

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> That transaction added in the child system i snot refelcting in Composite role of CUA.

If you have a role which is present on both the child system and the CUA master changes made in the child system will not automatically be reflected in the cua master. The cua master only keeps record of the role names for assignment purposes, not the role contents.

So you'll have to synchronize these roles as you would do if the systems weren't in a CUA construction.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

did you re-read that single role by RFC into the central system before adding it to the composite role?

Does the t-code exist already in the composite role menu (from another single role?) If so, pls check your settings of redundancy avoidance in pfcg according to sap note #504006.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

HI thanks for the reply.

I have done all the things. Still it is not refelcting in the composite role of the CUA.

Problem:

I have Modified single role in Child system. (Added new trax code to the exisiting role)

When we go to CUA system and assign this role to Composite role then that newly added trx is not refelcting.

Every time when we modify role already exisitind do we need to do RFC or only New roles creating in child systems?

0 Kudos

Run PFUD for the single role in Child system and then check whether it is working fine. If the transaction is already added in the composite role and user have the access of the composite role in Child system then it should work properly.

If it does not work, you can do the profile generation again in the child system for the single role. It will update the buffer if their was some temporary problem in buffer.

Regards

Sandip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please note that CUA is for role mapping only.

Once you have added Tcode in a role in Child system you should also add the role in Composite role in Child system itself and then map this composite role to user id in CUA.

Let me know if you have different idea.

Regards,

Rajesh