cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue about exchange rate in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a doubt about the exchange rate in billing. Why is the exchange rate carried out according to the billing create date not the price date?

If I want the exchange rate is carried out by the price date, how can I achieve it?

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Chris Gu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gu Chris,

This is due to the factor of your copy control settings(VTFL)

If you want to set exchange rate as per your pricing date you can do by selecting the following option in 'Pricing exchange rate type' field in the copy control settings:

Select 'D- Exchange rate determination according to pricing date '.

Regards,

Preethi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There are three places in billing document where you can see the exchange rates. But the most important ones which are influenced by other controls are "VBRK-KURRF" which is Exchange rate for FI postings. This you can see in Header-Header. This normally gets copied from sales order ,If you have maintained it. Other wise this gets influenced by Copy controls at the item level (check Data Transfer VBRK/VBRP routine). If you have a routine associated with it which influences the exchange rate detemrination for accounting, you may hav to change it. Normally this gets value from table "TCURR"(OB08). The second exchange rate filed is "VBRP-KURSK" which is Exchange Rate for Price Determination. This gets influenced by same copy controls (VTFL- DELIVERY TO BILLING) and there you can specify the exchage rate type for pricing. Third one is "Condition exchange rate for conversion to local currency" IS NOTHING BUT the exchange rate that applies to the condition(KOMV-KKURS). Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Now I have such situation:

I created a sales order in 2009.4.28, the total value is EUR 22,368.00. The exchange rate is carried out according to this date.

Than I created a billing reference this sales order in 2009.6.18, the total value is changed to EUR 22,395.64. The exchange rate is carried out according to the billing date. So the amount is different from the SO. How can I make these two amount equal ?

Any idea is welcomed.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Chris Gu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto T code V/06 (Define pricing condition types), and check "Pricing date" under control data2 tab. Please select 'B' for price as per Pricing date.

try and revrt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why is the exchange rate carried out according to the billing create date not the price date?

Now the exchange rate determined becase there might be C value in the copy control from Delivery to Billing in VTFL

If I want the exchange rate is carried out by the price date, how can I achieve it?

This can be done by making the Entry C to D which is based on the PRICING DATE.

Hope it is clea

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In copy control, I make the exchange rate blank, why it is still carried out according to the billing created date?

Hope to give me some suggestions.

Thanks.

Regards,

Chris Gu