cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing block in the DN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing issue for billing block in the DN.

Could you please provide us

1. Background on the design and details of the program that is used to remove the billing block?

2. Details on what would trigger the program for the same?

3. help us investigate the root cause issue if accounting document status is "Not Cleared" and all other doscuments are completed.

pls help

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

1. Background on the design and details of the program that is used to remove the billing block?

A: This is standard functionality such that whenver we are creating DN or CN it should block automatically with billing block.

This is because in DN or CN we are changeing extra or return something to customers, so this should follow certain authorization, not anybody from SOP team would raise DN or CN. Hence on creation of DN or CN a billing block has set and only high autority person with proper authorization can release it.

2. Details on what would trigger the program for the same?

A: depending on DN/CN value program blocks it.

3. help us investigate the root cause issue if accounting document status is "Not Cleared" and all other doscuments are completed.

A: try VF02 with billing docuemnt number and click on GREEN flag button there. It will display the error message.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Point 1&2 :-

To My Understanding this is happening due to standard SAP Functionality ,please check the sales Document Type configuration(VOV8).

normally for Debit Memo Request/Credit Memo request default Billing block is assigned at the Sales Document Type Level.

If you remove it from there this block will not appear when you create Debit/Credit Memo request hence you can create billing document i.e Credit/Debit Memo .

Please correlate it with the requirement it is advisable to have billing block for the sake of scrutiny .

you can always remove the billing block at the document level if you ha ve authorization for Sales Order Change and you can achive creation of billing document for those individual cases.

For Point3 :-

Accounting Document not cleared means"Incoming Payment is pending from Customer"

Once the accounting department posts the recieveables the status of Acoounting document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why billing is block? what are the reasons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

Please go through the posts carefully first.

Reasons for billing block:

technically:- T code VOV8->select your document type>detail screen>billing-->billing block.

Functionally:- DN is the document where vendor is charging extra from customer. Hence process is like that, not anyboby can authorize to raise DN. Higher authorities should know about these. Hence block has been set such that only higher authority personnel can unblock it.

Please check http://www.sap-img.com/financial/what-is-debit-note-and-credit-note.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is billin block in delivery note?

This is intercompany billing where billing is block for delivery note.

pls tell me what is the reason on this issue?>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Anybody will help me on this. Pls help ASAP