Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

UME configuration : Missing password problem

Hello,

I have the problem to start my server0 process. The error message is the following:

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: Start of UME service failed. Check help topic "Start of UME Service Failed". Technical details: 'password' missing
	at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:398)
	at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)
	at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)
	at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)
	at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:83)
	at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:156)
Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: 'password' missing

The problem is the parameter "ume.r3.connection.passwd". I have to set a password there. But I cannot, because if I want to set a new one there is always a message saying that the new password is different from the previous one, and it fails. Altough I know the RIGHT password of the connection user SAPJSF.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Vermeer

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question