cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in designing Gantt Charts through Web Dynpros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are having a situation in which we need to display the series of production orders in shop floor in a gantt chart having a specific start & end date and time.

To implement this scenario, we are using Gantt Chart tool available in Web dynpro. In the gantt chart tool we are passing an XML file edited as per data to display production orders starting and ending at particular date and time.

Now we are facing following problems to design this case.

1. We are currently using type repository <TypeRepository href="apps/gantt/cprojects/TypeRepository.xml" version="1.0"> as a base type repository to define our XML file. This type repository we found in one of Gantt chart test examples. We believe if we are able to view this file we can know what types are available and how can we use their elements and attributes to define graph in XML file. Please help us how can we view this type repository.

2. Currently we are viewing scale on Gantt chart only on date base. Can we view the scale at time base too? If yes, how?

3. Currently we are manually editing our XML file to add up data that we want to display in our gantt charts. We would like to know what is standard procedure to edit XML file in a program. Additionally if you can tell us the functional modules or class-methods to edit XML file in program, this would be very helpful.

Your kind help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Navin Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

About where to find file apps/gantt/cprojects/TypeRepository.xml.

Maybe it's not the best way, but i had access to portal server files (access to /usr/sap directory on server where enterprise portal was installed). And i found it there by jnet search criteria.

In my case it layed in the following place:

\usr\sap\<SID>\J01\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\tcwddispwda\servlet_jsp\webdynpro\resources\sap.com\tcwddispwda\root\global\activeComp\