cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending user details: Label in user Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have followed the document "How to Extend User Details" to add custom properties to user details. However, although it is possible to add labels to the user details iView (which you can access from KM), it does not seem possible to add labels for these properties on the User Profile (which you access through Personalize->User Profile).

I have checked <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?forumID=42&threadID=129068&messageID=1443674">this</a> post, and the answer refers to the User Details iView, not the User Profile maintenance.

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anja_huber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

What goes wrong? Why can´t you maintain the values for these labels?

If you go to Personalize -> User Profile are the labels displayed but you can´t save your entries?

What Portal/KM Version do you use?

regards,

anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anja,

This is a nice surprise (I remember you from your visit here to SA Breweries).

The labels display fine in the User Details iView, but in Personalise -> User Profile, only the field names show up, the way they have been defined, e.g. expertarea, as opposed to "Expert Area", just as in the screenshots in the How-To Guide. The entries save without a problem.

In other words, the field labels show up just as you defined them in UM Configuration, but you have no ability to change them to proper descriptive texts (as you would with KM property labels).

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anyone has a solution for this, I would really like to hear about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

What version of KMC are you running?

According to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a3/d2ffd64602c149949ca3cf379dc295/frameset.htm it is not possible to provide translations for custom UME properties.

Best regards,

Martin