cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use UDO to integration for B1i?

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to standard integration process, data is transfered from IDOC from R/3 to business object to SBO using standard BIU.

I think it is difficult to integrate data which is not include standard SBO data using B1i. Because UDO of SBO can have only one UDT.

If UDO can be used to integrated with B1i, how can integrate multiple table which is not SBO standard?

Also if UDO can't be used and UDT can be used to integrate, what's the method to integrate that kinds of data?

If B1i support only UDT integration, how can be transfered data in case of not standard BIU is not used?

Other data which is not included to standard business object of SBO can not transfer through own business object.

So in this case, BIU should use only UDT not UDO?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

You are right that BIU help to transfer the IDOC to Business Object in B1. And SAP deliver some BIUs for the four integration scenarios -- Item Master Data, Business Partner Master Data, Local Stock Sales and Central Stock Sales. I think "standard BIU" in your questions refer to these BIUs provided by SAP.

If you want to use B1i in your customer's specific project, there could be a new integraion scenario. In this case, you need to develop new BIUs. For instance, if customer want to integrate GL Account between headquarter and subsidary, you need to develop a, or several, BIU for this scenario. And in the BIU, it will transfer IDOC to standard B1 GL Account object.

However, as you said, it might be possible that user have their own tables in B1, and they want to integrate these tables with R/3 system. In this case, if the table is UDT, they will handle the table the same as standard business object (like the GL Account sample). And if the table is not created as UDT, they will use SQL in BIU to update them in B1 DB.

The last point I would like to mention is that B1i does not support UDO, only UDT.

Hope this helps,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to use an UDT.

I have a integration B1 to B1, I made a very simple BIUs for this (the xsl files only use 10 or 12 fileds for document), I try to replicate the scenario sales from central stock but between SBO systems, this test cause two questions:

When insert a new record in the UDT the SBO_SP_TransactionNotification have a list o keys and values, but only have one key, the Code field of the UDT, How I know on what UDT?

If I need to insert a ecord in a UDT, for example (B1GR2B1UDT), Who are the format of the XML file?, I try to export a record to a XML file and after load by GetBusinessObjectFromXML, but I have an error (this is OK because I haven't an object on DI API for this kind of operation)

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a simpler alternative for what you're trying to do.

There is a SAP certified integration solution for b1 to b1 that can simplify what you're trying to do. It's called iBOLT Special Edition for SAP Business One from Magic Software, a SAP ISV.

iBOLT triggering capability allows real-time bi-directional communication between B1's system using SAP DI API. In this case we don't need to pass the information via Excel files.

If you wish you can add more things like inter-company transactions, eCommerce and EDI integrations etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try this, and have the same problem when add a new record in a UDT, don't khnow in wich UDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

We have been in an iBolt trainning, and make this exact question: How to replicate UDT betwen 2 SBO databases.

The answer was that it was not possible (using DI API. Is possible using SQL of course). The reason is IMHO, what David said in a previous post.

If you are able to do it, please explain me how it is done, becouse I´m very interested.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ