Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any possibility to assign a user to maintain his own data in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For all the developers we have assigned only display view to SU01. Can we give them access to su01 to change their own data (Only tabs Address, Logon Data and Tabs should be changeable. Tabs Roles, Profiles ahould not be changeable becoz. they can assign SAP_ALL).

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Subbu

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Give your developer SU01D, if you want them to have display access of SU01.

And for own data maintenance, give them SU3.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SU51 - Maintain user address.

Shitika

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur response...and sorry for asking this basic question..

I am seeing all these in PFCG --> At present in the Authorization object "S_USER_AUT", i have given the following:

Activity as 03, 08 (Display and Display change documents)

Authorization name in user mas *

Authorization Object *

I am confused how to restrict SU01 and provide only SU3 transaction..For the Authorization object "S_USER_TCD" which is under BASIS: ADMINISTRATION i have given *, even if i restrict here i think it won effect...could you pls. guide me how to restrict?

Thanks,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please consider transaction SU01D (not SU01). Add this and SU3 to a role which you wanted to create.

SU3 doesn't have any authorization objects in background.

SAP by default lists the activity of all the relevant objects to 03,08. Provide * in other fields and test it.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Please note that, through SU3 transaction user will be abale to maintain all fields od

1. Address tab

2. Default tab

3. Parameters.

4. Password change.

And by transaction: SU51, user will be abale to maintain only addrsss tab.

But user will be unable to maintain the email address in the address tab. That should be maintained by the updated by only the user administrator.

Regards,

Sandip.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added transaction SU01D and SU3 by clicking the option "ADD TRANSACTION" in the MENU tab of PFCG and the user is able to change the password, Address, Defaults and parameters.

I just want to know if this is the correct way to achieve the above requirement or do we need to assign it in PFCG?

Thanks,

Subbu

0 Kudos

As long as you are adding SU3 and SU01D to a role these users are assigned then this is fine. It doesn't make any difference whether you add the user to the role in PFCG or add the role to the user in SU01. Both have the same effect.

We have a role that gets assigned to all users which contains SU3 and SU53.

Edited by: Michael Jaynes on Aug 20, 2009 8:46 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

If your company doesn't have any restrictions in modifying the user's own parameters then this is fine. If it has some conditions then you need to choose different transactions than SU3. Other alternative options are SU0,SU1,SU2 and SU51.

Regards,

Gowrinadh