cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI support for Multi Threaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if as for today the DI API support multi threaded interaction?

Thanks,

AS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A S,

Because SBO is multithreaded, it seems unlikely that the DI is not multithreaded.

Regards,

Ad

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is supposed that the DI Server is the solution for this scenario.

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A S,

To my best knowledge, DI API is supposed to support usage in multiple threads - though I didn't find the time to try it myself.

What you will find however that this does not necessarily accelerate lenghty tasks - like importing data; this is at least true for documents - due to the locks on the numbering table(s)!

For master data - like Business Partners - this is a different game when the key (like CardCode) is not maintained as an internal key by B1 (like Customer Groups...).

HTH,

Frank

PS: If you just need to import BPs you might try just to use multiple instances of DTW - or you could think about using the standard importing capabilities of B1 (but the functionality there appears to be limited).

I think multiple connections would have more effect than just multiple threads since in the end all the statements will be fired through a single ODBC connection!!!

Message was edited by: Frank Moebius