cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Installation of brtools for different SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 3 oracle instances installed on a same server A. The 3 oracle instances are for ECC 6 dev, BI dev, and solman dev respectively.

We would like to use symantec backup to backup the 3 oracle database. The symantec remote agent for sap is required to be installed on the same location as the brtools.exe. Currently, brtools is installed at usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

My questions:

1) Is it possible to have brtools in 1 central location and used by all the 3<SID>s?

2) May I know how to configure this? Any documentation?

pls assist.

Thank you

regards,

zl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) Is it possible to have brtools in 1 central location and used by all the 3<SID>s?

I doubt that this will work. Theoretically you can make it working but how to tell the backint which database it should backup? To keep it easy I would just install backint three times.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only 1 copy of backint per server.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Only 1 copy of backint per server.

Who says that? Symantec?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.

i'm trying to find out if anyone hv done this before from sap side.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I check the symatec docs briefly and I see nowhere that it's not possible to copy backint to more than one directory... you can, of course, install only one agent - yes.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to update.

brtools installed on a central location, works.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the thread below..

BRTOOLS files are not executed from NTADM64 directory....You can have the same exes in run directory

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Aug 20, 2009 11:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The database and the application are all on the same server for the 3 system. we want to put the brtools in a central location and used by all the 3 system. i noticed the environment variable SAPEXE is pointing to usr\sap\<SID>\sys\exe\uc\NTAMD64

Is it possible to copy all the files (including brtools) from usr\sap\<SID>\sys\exe\uc\NTAMD64 to a central location and change the SAPEXE environment variable to point to the central location?

will not change the environment variable for the Oracle_Home, SAPDATA_HOME for the 3 respective system.

Any idea?

thank you.

regards,

zl

Former Member
0 Kudos

'Is it possible to copy all the files (including brtools) from usr\sap\<SID>\sys\exe\uc\NTAMD64 to a central location and change the SAPEXE environment variable to point to the central location?'

So, you want to run all three SIDs via a single kernel ? Never heard of this kind of experiment