cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format convert error in XML interface based Adobe interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am using XML interface based Adobe interactive form in Web Dynpro ABAP. The form just contains some date fields and numeric fields.

When I test the WD Application, the date fields appear like 0000-00-00 at the first time. And then I set the form input disable, and get the XML from the form, at the same time I get the warning message, 'date format convert error'. By the way, I have set the edit pattern, display pattern and data pattern of the date field to YYYYMMDD, but there seems no effect.

Could you tell me how to set the default date format in date field Or clear the 0000-00-00?

And another question, all of the numeric fields in the form appear like 0.0, how can I set it to empty when the form initialize?

Best Regards,

Guo Guo Qing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guo Guo Qing,

I guess that's something to do Locale settings on your machine. You can check the Locale properties in Object palette.

Also if you want that all field appear blank then in the form:ready event of your top level subform write something similar in JavaScript

DateTimeField1.rawValue = "";
NumericField1.rawValue = "";
DecimalField1.rawValue = "";

//and so on...

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried every possible changes on the Date field, locale, pattern. But still no effect. When the PDF come up in the WDA program, the date field is still '0000-00-00', and then I export the XML date of the form, there is also '0000-00-00' in the interface field.

I can't clear the '0000-00-00' in initializiation event using javascript because if I need to open the form again, if I do this, the value user input could be cleared.

I also try using Javascrip like this

if this.rawValue == "0000-00-00"

{ this.rawValue = ""; }

The code above can't clear the initializiation zeros too.

Have you used the XML interface based online Adobe Forms? I have used XML PDF forms for output before, that's perfect. But the input forms seems so strange.

Best Regards,

Guo Guo Qing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I chang the data element in my XML interface from DATS to CHAR8, and then the problem is solved.

Answers (0)