cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Item Action - link dynamic element name for value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a repeater Each_Oper (BAPINAME.Response{/BAPINAME/TABLES/ORDER_OPERATIONS/item}

Nested in that a repeater Each_Col (List_Of_Cols.Output{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row})

Nested in that a Data Item action block Add_Col_Oper_Data which adds a data item with a name of "col".

The question is about how to retrieve the value for "col".

In this Add_Col_Oper_Data I would like to link the value of Each_Oper.xxx Where xxx varies and equals Each_Col.name.

I.E.

--If Each_Col.name = "PRODUCTION_ORDER",

then I would want the value of Each_Oper.PRODUCTION_ORDER put into the Data Item.

--If Each_Col.name = "OPERATION_STATUS", then I want Each_Oper.OPERATION_STATUS.

Can I do that? If so, how?

Thanks to everyone. This forum is a very great help.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may simply use this in your BLS:

Each_Oper.#Each_Col.name#

BR,

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SB,

Perfect solution.

Do you know if there is any documentation/information on the #something# syntax? It seems it is very useful.

I would like to know where I can use it. So far I know Expression Editor and XPath Expression (Repeater).

Thanks again. BTW, It would be nice to know your real name!

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy Smith,

I guess this new thread is quite related with your earlier thread "Transpose rows to columns" which is closed now.

But I would like provide some inputs to that earlier thread which could solve your current issue.

Assuming that you are generating two xml files(as per previous thread) one file containing Order-Operation information and other containing Order-Material information using two different BAPI's or RFC's.

This is what I would suggest, at R/3 side create a custom RFC which joins these two table outputs(using direct join commands or thru some logical steps) and returns you the desired table structure then there would be no need to perform any adjustments at MII BLS side avoiding all the logical iterations to get your desired structure and moreover any iterations at database level will have better performance and I/O hit to the SAP R/3 will also be only once.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Adarsh,

I totally agree with you. Organizational and resource realities don't however... Sigh.

Thanks for the confirmation of my first thought though!

--Amy