Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW and Auth Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I got really critical issue and I have trying all day to resolve this but I canu2019t resolve it yet, Please advice:

Some reason I have assigned custom authorization Group called (ZTEST2) to all the Reports in the system through SA38. I can delete them but 30 at a time from SA38 but the problem is it too many. Itu2019s 54000 Reports that I need to remove auth group from. Iu2019m pretty good with LSMW; but some reason the recording of deleting of auth group from SA38 not working out. Can anybody has any other idea to delete 54000 record auth groups to remove.

In LSMW when I was recording it only records program name which is (RSCSAUTH) and then x mark for the select check for the program and then Auth grp but it doesnu2019t record the deletion of Auth group.

Any suggestion how to resolve this issue

Thanks

Faisal

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Have you tried eCATTs as an alternative to LSMW? It may be that their control mechanism lets you perform the change a bit more easily.

It will probably be slower than LSMW but should get the job done.

0 Kudos

I'm ok with SECATT but I think it will be same because recording is ame for both Tasks, the only problem I have when I deleted auth grp from the field called "customer". is there any other way we can delete auth group so can adapt that in LSMW and see if I can capture the recording

Thanks for reply

Open for any feedback or suggestion

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody quickelly give me the feedback on my new idea for deleteing the custom auth group (ZTEST2) from the table. I do have access to modifing table. Is this posible or can I go to SE16N and use TRDIR table sort by custom auth group (ZTEST2) and use this command (&SAP_EDIT) to edit table. I guess I can delete all the entries from the table right.

Please guys let me know if this is a good idea since I can't use LSMW or SECATT. Please advise

thanks

Faisal

0 Kudos

you can do that using SE16N. the way you described, is correct.

but you are facing a problem with this ... how will you manage to transport the changes?

i have been testing this report you mentioned, RSCSAUTH ... why don't you use this one? i managed to delete customer-user groups and get a transport out of it.

Edited by: Mylene Euridice Dorias on Aug 20, 2009 2:01 PM

i mean, use it directly from SE38, without so recording anything or so. just use it. make sure you read the documentation, though (there's an i-button), since to my taste this selections are not understood at a glance.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just goto SE16N, select only program name and authorizaiton group fields. Later on enter ZTEST2 as a filter criteria in the authorizaiton group.

Now enter &SAP_EDIT in the command window and execute.

Now in the output, select the authorizaiton group column and click on Cut button and save.

You will save all programs with empty authorizaiton group.

Regards,

Gowrinadh