Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Idocs with different users

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a simple scenario, File -> PI (7.0) -> ECC (Idoc)

I would like to know if there is a way to post the Idocs with different users, for example, in the source file a field contains the user that has to post the Idoc, so I'd like to map that user as the one that posted the Idoc.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again folks,

Any other idea about it, is there another way to achieve this?

Regards,

Juan

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx Ivan, but you mean Outbound Idocs, or Inbound Idocs?

Prateek, the issue here is that this is a part of a whole process where are involved many handhelds.

With this handhelds, first there is an authentication of the users (via RFC) to see if that user has permission or not, and after that, if successful, when PI posts the data fetched from the handheld, they want to know the user that posted that info in ECC (IDOCS); supposing that it was the same user that did the validation before.

regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean in inbound scenarios.

By the way, the logic you want I think should be implemented in backend side and not in PI.

Regards

Ivan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution suggested above is feasible, but that would mean multiple objects for each user. In future if a user is added, then it would mean modiifications in your configurations. There is no direct way to achieve this using standard fuctionality.

I was wondering if it is really a requirement? Because this would mean that you need to create as many user in the receiver SAP system just for posting Idocs to it. This doesn't sounds like a good design. Or is there something I am missing?

Regards,

Prateek

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your response, I already thought about it but I didn't like it so much, because I'd have to create 'N' RFC destinations, and 'N' Idoc Receiver CC, I was wondering if there was a more standard way.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

Here in my current project, We use a field inside the idoc to send an user name according a requirement from functional guys.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes It is possible, You need to configure one RFC destination for each service user you have. Then create one IDOC channel for each RFC destination.

Then in your receiver determination, use logical routing to determine the user inside the message and decide which channel you must use.

Regards

Ivan