Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI authorization Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I bulilt an analysis authorization giving access to particular hierarchy node along with the authorizations needed to execute the query and assgined it to the user. When I execute the query with this analysis authorization assinged to the user, it is taking a lot of time for the authorization check. If I execute the query with 0BI_ALL the authorization check is happening quickly. How to improve the authorization performance in BI when we use hierarchy authorizations. What could be the problem.

Neha.

Edited by: Neha Kapoor on Aug 21, 2009 6:02 PM

Edited by: Neha Kapoor on Aug 21, 2009 6:02 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to analyze and combine the authorization to minimum. So that less time is consumed during combination process.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you converted to the new analysis authorizations?

Check how many other analysis authorizations the user has which are now authorization relevant.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes we have converted to new analysis authorization concept. The user also has some other analysis authorization with other authorization relevant characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to analyze and combine the authorization to minimum. So that less time is consumed during combination process.

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

In hierarchy authorization you will see diffrent type of access.

0 Only the Selected Nodes

1 Subtree Below Nodes

2 Subtree Below Nodes to Level (Incl.)

3 Complete Hierarchy

4 Subtree Below Nodes to (and Incl.) Level (Relative)

If you want particular node access then give 1.

If you have given access type 3 then it may take lots of time.

and give validity range value as 2.

0 Name, Version Identical and Key Date Less Than or Equal to

1 Name and Version Identical

2 Name Identical

3 All Hierarchies

Please let me know, if it improves your query performance.

Best Regards

Imran