SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification overview Data for the functional location in Emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Well i have used BAPI BAPI_OBJCL_CREATE to create the classification and now when i am trying to upload the classification it is giving me a error which says "ASSIGNMENT WAS NOT CREATED "

MESSAGE NUMBER THAT IS GETTING GENERATED IS Message no. CL736.

Can you please tell me what is going wrong or what i am doing wrong.

Regards,

Robert.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Fritz/Sachin,

Can you tell me if i want to get the transaction to be recorded via emigall,i have tried doing it but it gave me an error which says

Structure ZMG_ZISU_ZEQUIPMENT could not be created due to an internal error.

i have tried to fill in all the aspect of the recording with consisting of the classification,user status,Address ,partner function, as well as fuctional location for the equipment.

so can you tell me better way to do this recording and correct me if i am doing something wrong.

and How can i add an address to an equipment in a equpment master

the fields required as name1 ,name2 ,street number number,street,post code,city,region,country telephone and fax.

do you know any bapi or functional module with which i can do the assignments to all the created equipment.

0 Kudos

Robert,

Why don't you use the OBJCLASS migration object instead of creating BAPI or BDC migration objects?

Please have a look at where I already tried to give you an answer how to add addresses and partners to an equipment (btw, don't you think it might be better not to mix separate questions in one single thread?).

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Well i can use OBJCLASS but the problem is that i do not have a indicator for the standard class in the that migration object as they need that STANDARD CLASS INDICATOR too which is unfortunately unavailable in the migration object OBJCLASS.

so can you suggest me what can be a turn around to do this,

as i am using the BAPI in a ZFM for this,

thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos

Robert,

Well, it's correct that in the standard the standard indicator cannot be passed through the interface fo the service function module of the OBJCLASS service function module. But one option could have been to modify the function module to make this happen ;o)

Why do you use a z-function module to call the BAPI instead of creating a BAPI migration object directly from the BAPI?

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Can we modify a standard sap function module as you know we have to copy it in a Z FM, to make this work, can you suggest a way to do this ;).

Well i am thankful for all your support i guess the data team do not understand the fact and go on making commitments to clients to achieve those towering goals which is bound to give issues while data loading.As of which they are holding us responsible for the delay of the delivery and more than worse, i have explained the facts you gave me and i have tried but i guess we have tried our best,

thanks again.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos

Robert,

The procedure is as follows If there is no way out but to copy the function module:

(1) copy the function module to a z functon module

(2) copy the OBJCLASS migration object to your migration company

(3) replace the name of the service function mdoule by the name of your newly created one

(4) Adjust the parameter interface according to the original setting (for example, replace ISU_M_CLASSIFICATION_CREATE by ZZ_CLASSIFICATION_CREATE)

This leads to a migration object with exactly the same function as the origal one but with a z-function module.

Now you can add the X_ STANDARD_CLASS (type KSSK-STDCL, optional value space) importing parameter to your z-function module and replace the line

*   STANDARD_CLASS              =

by

STANDARD_CLASS              = X_STANDARD_CLASS

The information 'standard class' can now by passed through the parameter interface. If this is the case for all class set the parameter value to 'X'. If it changes from classification to classification the easiest would be to copy this migration object and have this parameter set to 'X' in the one object and to space in the 2nd migration object.

Another alternative is, to add an own customer structure and pass the information through the import file. The parameter value in the parameter interface has to be changed accordingly.

I hope I could explain the solution comprehensively enough ;o)

Kind regards,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please post the code that fills up the data needed to be passed to this BAPI and the call of the BAPI itself?

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I am not sure I understand your question. The data is passed in the import file to be read by the load program. This is the normal procedure. Why should there ABAP be needed? Please detail your question.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Sorry Fritz, I misunderstood the post. I thought Robert was using a standalone ABAP program to call the BAPI, not the migration tool EMIGALL.