cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC providing data to SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario where an SNC (Supply Network Collaboration) needs to get data from ECC, I have a couple of questions about this sccenario. Is there a real necessity to use PI for this scenario? Why SNC doesn't communicate with other modules via standard communication?

I searched in forums and found that SAP provides PI content (interfaces and mappings) to use in SNC communication, I think design objects are ok. If I really need to use PI as mediator of this scenario, what adapter should I use to communicate with SNC?

Gabriela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use ABAP proxy for the communication.

Not using PI could make your scenario tightly coupled which defeats the aim of using middleware in your landscape. Therefore use of PI is recommended.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanks for all replies

Regards,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I realy need to use IDoc adapter in ECC -> PI, even if ECC is on version 6.0? Isn't better to use ABAP Proxy in this case?

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

If you have standard idoc then you can use the standard idoc and send data to PI from ECC. Here you dont need to config sender comm. channel and sender agreement because the idoc adapter runs on abap engine.

If you dont have standard then go with proxy.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll test using ABAP Proxy.

That blog cleared some questions to me.

Tanks for the quick reply.

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

For all the standard scenarios like purchase order processing, Invoice processing etc. SAP provides a pre-delivered XI Content. It is suggestible to go with the PI standard mappings since no additional transformation is required.

Here SNC uses the XML file for processing and the communication with PI is via ABAP proxy.

Your Scenario would be ECC <idoc> PI <ABAP Proxy> SNC.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

It all depends upon your scenario. If for example SNC is createing a xml file then sap can read that file directly and upload as an idoc. But if this already given in XI predefined content then xi can pick that file and convert into idoc and send as an idoc directly into SAP. Here you dont need to do anything in SAP except the configuration. So it all depends upon your requirement.

Please see this help where you can see sap has already defined mappings for different integrations in SAP and SNC.

http://help.sap.com/esoa_scm_snc2007/helpdata/en/index.htm

/people/rajasekhar.atmakuri/blog/2008/11/17/consuming-enterprise-services-of-snc-using-xi-content

Regards,

---Satish