Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In MDM projects ..

do we work only on Bussiness contents(.a2a files - unarchiving them)??

--> Like enhancing them to our requirments and using them in our project??

OR

--> we design or create our own repositories and use them in our project? if so .. what kind of data is designed manually and what kind of data uses the bussiness content??

In which kind of bussiness conditions we do either of the above??

If there is no generalised answer for my question, please let me know how you procedded in your project?

Please help me .

Regards

Phani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phani,

It all depends upon the clients requirements. If his requirments fit with the standard sap given repositories then you will do with your first option.

Else you may need to change the standard or create a new one for his requirements.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you name(ex: goods receipt or shipment notification ) any repository which you created in your project manually with out using bussiness content?

And what type of tables you used init?

Regards

phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is some example phani where we create custom repositories:

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

To start with a std business content repository or a custom one depends on multiple factors:

1. the target?remote systems which will be feeding or getting data from MDM. If the target system is not ECC

2. Client requirement and business needs

some of examples are

2. Master data like Assets, Location for which Std repositories are not provided.

3. Special material type used for Planning, Assembly9 contained only basic Data, classification)

4. FInance data like cost centers

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Thanks for the reply.That helped me a lot.

For any of the examples below..

"

some of examples are

2. Master data like Assets, Location for which Std repositories are not provided.

3. Special material type used for Planning, Assembly9 contained only basic Data, classification)

4. FInance data like cost centers

"

Can you provide me some details(if assests, what kind of info it stores ,which sap tables are involved etc..) on any of the above example.

Regards

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's always better to use standard shipped repositories but you need to check whether your business fits in that by adding or modifying few fields/tables. If you think the standard repositories needs loads of changes then its better to create the new one.

E.g. We always use standard repository for SRM-MDM Catalog.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja