cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping module from CRM(SRM) to R/3 (material group transfer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AS mapping module from R/3 to CRM (for material group transfer)is COM_PRODUCT_PRDCT_PROD1_SAVE.

What is the mapping module from CRM(SRM) to R/3 for material group transfer.

Is call order also to be given.

Parag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

I do not understand your question.

Could you clarify it ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya,

In transaction rsa3, we give we give function mudule for communication between R/3 and SRM.

For data flow from R/3 to SRM we give mapping module as COM_PRODUCT_PRDCT_PROD1_SAVE(for transferring material groups from R/3 to SRM).

I dont know which module is to be given for transferring material groups from SRM to R/3.

And also by which transaction we can create material groups in SRM( Transaction COMM_HIERARCHY has create new category as disabled).

Pls. help. I knew you will reply, as only you reply for all queries.

THANKS.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

As far as i know, there is no function to transfer material group from SRM to R/3.

You cna create materail group directly in SRM through transaction comm_hierarchy.

What is disable in this transaction ? You should have a little white page to create SRM local hierarchy and then create your material group (ie product category)under your local hierarchy.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have cretaed a material group.

But I want to transfer this back to R/3.

Do I have to create new adapter object in R3ac3. Currently I have these objevts:

DNL_CUST_BASIS3 Basis CRM online

DNL_CUST_PROD0 Material number conversions

DNL_CUST_PROD1 Product : categories

and business object as:

MATERIAL R/3 MATERIAL MASTER

I am using them to transfer data from R/3 to SRM.

But how to transfer from SRM to R/3.

Rgds.,

parag

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Why do you need to transfer material group to R/3 ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new material group in SRM.

My objective is mainly to link this material group to a material group in R/3.

As when I will use this material group in SRM, then the transactions with this material group in SRM can also be reflected in R/3. And also to synchronise data between R/3 and SRM.

Rgds.,

Parag

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

I fyou want to change the SRM material group to the R/3 material group in the purchasing document, you have several options :

Option 1 : chnage it when you create the R/3 purchase requisition or order from SRM

Use badi BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK (purchase order) or BBP_CREATE_REQ_BACK (purchase requisition)

and read your specific table where mapping between SRM and R/3 is done.

Option 2 : use badi in R/3 to do this mapping.

Specific mapping table will be stored in R/3

badi is ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

kind regards,

Yann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

replication of R/3 material groups to SRM product categories is using the middleware.

There is no tool to replicate mat groups in the reverse way (from SRM to R/3).

SRM is the slave and R/3 the master.

You can create local product categories and map them to R/3 mat groups in the BADI as proposed by Yann, but this is not a good solution.

You will get documents in SRM and in R/3 with different mat group IDs. If you have some reporting based on mat groups, this could be annoying.

Same for SRM customizing: a lot of customizing is based on product categories. So it will be difficult to customize a behavior for R/3 documents based on non R/3 product categories.

When using SRM in connection to R/3 backends, the correct procedure is to create mat groups in R/3 and replicate them in SRM.

Why do you need to maintain local product categories in SRM ?

Which scenario are you ruuning ? Classic ? Extended ? Standalone ?

Rgds

Christophe