cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iSPC Point Suppression with P Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently installed the QualityPortal database and am experimenting with the functionality. I have noticed that when I try to toggle point suppression on a P Chart, the point disappears from the chart - even though I have the 'Show Suppressed Points' item cheked in the Chart Area section of the template design. If I toggle the same chart template to an XBAR chart, the suppressed points show as expected with a red 'X' through them. Has anybody else noticed this behavior or know if it is perhaps a bug in the system? Is there some other setting besides 'Show Suppresseed Points' that I need to look at when working with P Charts and suppressed points?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing to look at that display templates have a nasty habit of being cached in your browser. Older versons of JRE are really bad at this by the way. Make sure that the change hasn't be actually made and your just not seeing it due to browser catching. Usually <ctrl-f5> fixes this but often you end up clearing the java stack (open your java console, press x) then refresh your page.

What version of MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we are quite familiar with the refresh issue. Unfortunately, that is not it.

We are on 12.0.6.

-Matt

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matt,

This was easy enough to reproduce. I'm not sure if it is intentional because the P chart is an attribute chart or it's just a bug, so I would suggest logging a support ticket.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy,

I submitted ticket 769117 2009

-Matt

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did a quick test and it looks like of all the line oriented SPC Charts only the U and P chart types seem to have issues with suppressed data points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - that was my next test...you beat me to it.