cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user authentication for SOAP sender scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on SOAP to Proxy scenario. I have exposed the outbound interface as web service using web service wizard.

I have tested the scenario using SAP SOAP test tool by configuring the SOAP test tool with hostname, port number and the HTTP basic authentication (user-id and password of PI system). The scenario works fine.

But when the sender application tries to call web service it fails as it do not have authorization. Is there any way to include the user-id and password information along with the web service URL? Or is there any way to avoid this authentication?

Please help me in this regard.

I have read the blog </people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine and as mentioned in it, I have added "&sap-user=<username>&sap-password=<password>" to the web service URL but did not work :(.

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The application that is calling your webservice msut have a way to enter the user id and the password, becuase it is the most basic form of authetication .

Please ask your sending partner to explore the way to give the user id and password when making the webservice call.

Regards,

Ravi

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But when the sender application tries to call web service it fails as it do not have authorization

User roles similar to PIAPPLUSER is required for sending data using soap java engine.

I have read the blog

This would mean that you have to use the URL mention in the blog to generate the wsdl. I hope you are following this. But even if you follow this, you need to make sure that if you use the username and password in URl, it will be very much visible to everone which is not an ideal design.

Or is there any way to avoid this authentication?

Yes, you can do it through Visual admin settings of soap service. But that would mean that authentication is disabled for all soap channels.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Only way to avoid authentication is at adapter level in the j2ee engine. If you do this you will not have user id and pwds prompt for all the soap sender communications. So I would personally dont recommend.

> when the sender application tries to call web service it fails as it do not have authorization.

Try to check the authorization for that user. Hope you are using the same user when you test the message in altova or third party tool. If yes then try to use a service user and check.

>have added "&sap-user=<username>&sap-password=<password>" to the web service URL but did not work

I think what stefan is trying to tell is if you want to add this userid and pwd then your url should be posting to http not to soap. So in order to work try to change the wsdl as per his blog and give a try.

Regards,

---Satish