cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have IDOC from ECC and it has to be sent to external system as a IDOC file.

PI can read the IDOC from ECC and PI will fill the segments that were missing in ECC.

Can PI write the transformed IDOC as a file for the external system?

I'm not sure to configure FILE receiver for the standard IDOC type (there is no MT here for the file receiver).

The IDOC file will then be FTP'ed to external system by PI.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can fill thatu2026 but I have a small doubt, if the segment is not coming from ECC then why do you want to create it.

Does your requirement is that you have to pass on IDoc XML to the target system?

You can use the same IDoc structure for the target structure too.

You have to configure the IDoc to file scenario.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>but I have a small doubt, if the segment is not coming from ECC then why do you want to create it.

SOURCE: ECC generated IDOC

TARGET: Imported IDOC META DATA FROM ECC (this will have all segments and fields)

Ans: Message mapping will read the source IDOC generated by ECC. The target IDOC is meta data and it will be mapped using source data in message mapping.

>>Does your requirement is that you have to pass on IDoc XML to the target system?

Yes the target IDOC has to be written as IDOC-xml file. Can standard FILE receiver with NO FCC would work? Not tried that before and wanted to double check.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my knowledge, The target IDoc-XML structure will be gerated based on your source segments. For ex: Segment "x" is not comming in the source IDoc then that segment "X" will not be genrated.

The standard file receiver will do the job.

Regards,

Venu v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venu

Thanks. I got it.

I don't need to introduce new segments that was missing in the target.

How about this:

a) source segment "X" has 3 fields but the meta data for the segment "X" has 5 fields.

Can I able to populate missing fields in the target segment "X" (assume that field is missing in the source IDOC segment "X")?

Appreciate your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes... Just map constant "X" to that fields.

Regards,

Venu v

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use the fcc if in the idoc you have at maximun 2 level excluding the root. See

<IDOC>

<SEGMENT>

<ELEMENT>

</ELEMENT>

</SEGMENT>

</IDOC>

On other hand you need to write a javamapping to do the conversion.

Regards

Ivan