Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default password when creating users in SU10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I often have to create a lot of users in our sandbox after a refresh via SU10. After creating the users, I have to go individually reset their passwords. Is there a way to set a default password for any user created in SU10?

Edited by: Michael Jaynes on Aug 19, 2009 8:45 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have the passwords generated by SU10 while creating the users. If you don't want those you could explore ECATT to set the passwords. If you refresh is a complete system refresh you can download the ecatt test script and configuration to back them up.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have the passwords generated by SU10 while creating the users. If you don't want those you could explore ECATT to set the passwords. If you refresh is a complete system refresh you can download the ecatt test script and configuration to back them up.

0 Kudos

Great, thank you for your responses. I created a CATT script and saved as text file, inserted a few test users and ran script using my text file as source and worked perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Jurjen. SU10 doesn't let you specify a password, however an ecatt will change them (once created in SU10) very quickly.

The last system I used this in was slow and we still rattled through 5000 resets in an hour.

0 Kudos

I think there is no other way to get the default password.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating Users using SU10, check the log for created users. You will get Initial passwords there. Download (or export) the log into excel file and use the initial password.

Regards

Shailendra chauhan