cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt with WS Adapter in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a doubt regarding the WS Adapter in PI 7.1, I understood it works only for SAP Systems, am I correct?, I'm asking because I'm going to have a scenario like this

Oracle Peoplesoft Payroll System-> SAP PI 7.1-> SAP ECC

now I've been thinking in using protocols as this

Oracle Peoplesoft Payroll System-> Sender SOAP Adapter SAP PI 7.1 WS Receiver Adapter(Maybe ABAP Proxy it depends on the availability of a servcie in the ECC)-> SAP ECC

is this a good configuration?, thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Julio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are absolutely correct.

WS adapter is designed to work with the Web Service Runtime of the ABAP stack. If you want to expose a web service from PI, you must use SOAP Sender adapter.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer Gabriel, so just to double check my understanding, the best way to expose a service that exists in the ECC via PI 7.1, is to expose the service in PI with SOAP Sender Adapter, and then service map this to WS Receiver Adapter to ECC, this won't have any mapping or transformation in PI, now is this the best or correct way, or is there another easiest way to do this, in the intention of only expose the existent webservice in ECC via PI, thanks again.

Regards,

Julio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julio,

1. WS adapter does not work with ECC only. Any WS that supports RM protocol can be integrated with PI using WS adapter. RM is an open standard format and not proprietary to SAP.

2. As far as the design issue, it depends on the scenario. There is no thumb rule to say proxy or web service is better. If the particular service is already exposed as a Web Service then go for it. Also, with web service the advantage is you can have any third party systems (capable of accessing SOAP) can directly communicate.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

SOAP to ABAP Proxy scenario is good, because abap proxy and ecc directly communicates by using the integration server.

Sender side you can configure the SOAP adapter and receiver side generate the proxy.

data types and mapping are normal.

For sender side SOAP configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/8e/464442c1a1c253e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Ramesh