cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Time Error- Page builder issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have created an iView, and created a callable object of it.I have built a process around it i.e, actions and blocks.Later, when i generate an URL, and use it we get an error "Page builder required for this callable object is not available".

In runtime of GP, when i run the same process, it runs successfully.

Can anybody, provide me a way out and also explain this behaviour.

Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

A further remarc form an other perspective:

Callable objects or processes containing iviews can't be tested or processed in a standalone runtime as it is calling the runtime via url out from the Instantiation TAB e.g in the GP-Designtime process.

This circumstance is a known limitation, as the url call of the runtime isn't linked simultaneously with the runtime's portal call. That's the reason for the process using iviews can but be started using the portals runtime.

Regards

Berndt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Berndt,

So, what could be the way out as we have to use iViews as part of the flow.

Thanks & best regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

my first answer intends not to start the process out of design time using the initiation tab but to start the activated process in the portal's runtime.

If this not represents the solution to your problem you should describe a bit more detailed what exactly your use case is.

Regards

Berndt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Berndt,

We are able to initiate the process from the portal's runtime.But, we wished to have this part of GP process. Since this dosent run through the instantiation tab,we wont be able have other callable objects(of diffenrent type).

Is this process possible in GP?

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

first of all sorry for beeing such late with my reply.

So if your question is still open and if i've got you right, you are intending to start a second process within your current first process flow?

1. If so you can try the topic "Process control" using CO "initiate Process (using predefined template)".

2. If so you can secondly try (NetWeaver 2004s SPS07)to refer to current RKT-Learning Map studying "How to start a process via API".

3. In other cases please give some detailed information to be able proceeding in helping you.

Regards

Berndt

jan_rauscher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

iViews cannot be run in test mode.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the issue, after the URL is generated for the process involving the iView.

Regards,

Sharath