cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about the trial license after the first time installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have an issue with the license installation. I appreciate if you could kindly guide me.

I have just installed successfully Netweaver 7.0 Trial on Fedora Core 11. This is the first installation. When I login as SAP* and then I run the tansaction SLICENSE. I can see the following information.

1) Installation Number: INITIAL

2) System number: System No. Empty (I don't understand what does Empty mean in this context)

3) License Expires on: This field is empty

4) The Hardware key contains already the same value as the one returned after

running:

/usr/sap/N4S/SYS/exe/run/saplicense -get

I was a bit surprised to see that this value was already there, because I hadn't run this command before running the transaction SLICENSE and besides I hadn't fill yet the sap online form for requesting the license.

Does this mean that after the first time installation there is already a license installed?

Because, when I want to login as 'DEVELOPER' I receive a license check error message? So if there is no license where the

hardware key come on??

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Dariyoosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.... So if there is no license where the hardware key come on??

from your hardware configuration ... the license is based on the HW key. You have to submit the HW key to get a licence which fits your configuration ...

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hannes,

Thanks a lot for your help. I installed the license, now I can create ABAP programs!

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards,

Dariyoosh

Answers (0)