cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch_debug_mode cannot be enabled in Visual Admin or Config Tool

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to enable debug mode in visual admin/config tool for the server node.

According to SAP Note: 719778

Below are the steps told to do:

I. Changing the maximum number of connections or wait time. For example: increase the size of the pool to 100 connections if below and change time to wait for connection to 60 seconds.

II. Perform troubleshooting if the action in I. does not remove the problem and performance is still low.

1. connections are cached within SystemThread(can be any server service or any code invoked within SystemThread in the SAP J2EE Engine):

In SystemThreads there is no automatic mechanism which detects unclosed connections. So if the getConnection() method is called within SystemThread it is possible some connections to remain open for too long if the appropriate method for their closure is not invoked. Such a behavior can be found using the "switch_debug_mode" and "list_conns" commands of Connector Service.

Here is a step-by-step guide to use the commands:

1.1. connect to the SAP J2EE Engine 630 via telnet.

1.1.0. You can use a regular telnet client specifying appropriate host and port or you can use the SAP Management Console which provides context menu for the dispatcher nodes. This menu contains J2EE Telnet submenu for openning telnet session to the selected dispatcher. Then you have to jump to the server node on which the problem occurs, using the command jump passing the full id of problematic server as a parameter.

Example:

1.1.1.open telnet session using telnet client with appropriate host , port, user name and password or using SAP Management Console and specifying user name and password.

1.1.2.type "lsc" to obtain a list of all cluster nodes.

1.1.3.type "jump <number>" where <number> stands for the id of

the problematic server.

1.1.4.type "add dbpool" - to enable usage of DBPool Service commands.

1.1.5.type "get_ds" - to list currently deployed DataSources.

1.1.6.type "add connector" - to enable usage of Connector Service commands.

1.1.7.type "switch_debug_mode <connectorJNDIName> -debug", where <connectorJNDIName> can be the jndi name or any alias of the deployed DataSource and "-debug" enables debug mode for the given DataSource.

When I execute the step: 1.1.7 i am getting message "Cannot turn on runtime debug mode. For more details see connector service logs.

Service debug mode couldn't be enabled. In order to enable it use Log Configurator service."

Ours is a BI 7.0 system. Please let me know how to enable debug mode in visual administrator or config tool.

I tried to enable in config tool and restarted the java cluster. but no luck. Please let me know how to enable debug mode.

Thanks,

Sudhakar.

Edited by: sudhakar kuricheti on Aug 19, 2009 3:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see if following links help you

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/39/7796e0a7be604ab63c2924045710a8/content.htm]

[http://sapdocs.info/sap/netweaver/configuring-debug-in-netweaver-04/]

0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj.

Answers (0)