Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to adjust data in first and next pages in sap smart forms ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am creating a purchase order and displaying it in a smartform. I have a main window in which i have a table listing the material details nested with item asscoiated with it. Underneath this table/main window, i have another window containing some 'special instructions'. And underneath this window i have another window which acts as a footer(signatures).

Now what happens is that when i increase the no of items against a material in purchase order or input too many materials , my table gets cut and goes on to the next page ( which looks bad ).

according to you what should i do ? or can i calculate or check the number of entries in the table and if they exceed the height of the main window, take the main window or the table to the next page(so that it doesnt get cut) ??

help needed ,, thanks....

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the no. of line items are more then the data has to overflow into the next page. However, if the data is getting cut at the row level, meaning half of the data that belongs to the row is being split into two pages, then you can switch in the PAGE PROTECT mode at the line level.

This will make sure that row is either completely displayed in the same page or the next page.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : You have quite a few threads open, please mark all the helpful answers and close the threads if the questions are answered

0 Kudos

Hi,

Where is this option ? i can see 'page protection' checkbox at the line level but thats disabled

?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a FOLDER under the MAIN Area and include all the columns in there. Now, you can check the PAGE PROTECTION at the folder level.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

create folder under main area of the table OR the main window and secondly which columns shud i include in the folder and where ??

0 Kudos

Create a folder under the MAIN AREA OF THE TABLE AND you should place ALL the columns under the folder that you want to display in the SMART Form.

Just create the text elements for the columns under the FOLDER, UNDER THE MAIN AREA, UNDER THE TABLE OBJECT.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

what do u mean by COLUMNS n what do u mean by ,

Just create the text elements for the columns under the FOLDER, UNDER THE MAIN AREA, UNDER THE TABLE OBJECT.

???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a similar issue. Normally the sap form printout is 1 page, but when many entries exist in a table, the table-list is cut short. ie. it does not continue on a 2nd page.

What is missing here?

thanks for your help.

faB