cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed BI (Netweaver ABAP + JAVA, BI-JAVA, EP, EP-Core) development in our landscape and installed ABAP License and users are able to view reports in Bex Analyzer. The requirement was that the users want to view the reports in Report designer and Web application designer.

For that we have configured SSO, portal settings and all the BI-JAVA post install steps are completed and they are able to view in WAD and Report designer.

We have license(End User License) for 200 users in ABAP. Does it mean that we have license for even 200 users in JAVA or do we need to obtain it again?

After the system goes live do we need to obtain license for 200 users in JAVA or not required?

Regards,

Phani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have license(End User License) for 200 users in ABAP. it means that you have license for even 200 users in JAVA

No need to obtain seperate licenses for java after go live.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java License I mean portal license, because i will be creating users in portal and do a user mapping. So no license in required again for portal?

Regards,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

No separate license for java is not required.

The same license for ABAP would do.

regards

Bharathaj V

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this issue is bit difficult to answer once portal comes into picture. It will be good idea to speak to SAP representative about this.