cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD (Proof Of Delivery)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I want to know that how to deal with Proof of Delivery (POD). Requirement is that I want to know the date and quantity updates

received by the customer from the forwarding agent.

Suppose I made the delivery and customer receives the delivery also sending me the mail for the receipt of the goods.

Now I want to process the POD manually. Because there is no provision of IDOC.

But I dont know what are the steps I should follow to complete the POD process? At what point I should update the delivery doc for POD.

Also I dont want to wait for POD to post the Invoice because some time my customer has done full advance payment.

I have already activated my customer and delivery item category for POD. Now I dont how to process further?

Please tell me the steps of the customization for above scenario. And steps to follow to get the information of the delivery receipt by customer. I hope my query is clear to all of you.

regards,

Vojas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vojas,

POD settings should be done at two levels.For each delivery item category, you can define whether it is relevant for the POD process and Set the POD-relevant indicator in the Shipping view of the sales area data of the customer with whom you want to carry out the POD process. As you have already made these settings , you just have to also define the reasons for deviation. As you do not have the automated process , you have to confirm the POD only when you set this idicator in transaction "VLPOD" manually. System would not allow you to raise an invoice until you do this in standard. You may have to check "SAPMV50A" for the provision of bypassing this check.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

In POD Confirmation if we are mentioning diff quantity what will be the implication of that differnce in stock.E.g if PGi been made for 5 nos and in POD iam mentioning diff qty as 1 so invoice will be made for 4 Nos.how the stock of 1 No is adjusted in inventory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if there is no IDOC then u ve to process the confirmation of POD manually by t code

VLPOD - Change Single Document or

VLPODL - Worklist Outbound Deliveries for PoD for group of delivery docs..

enter the delivery number ,.. in this u get a STATUS TAB there u can confirm it manually and carry out billing

if you ve used the POD then u cant invoice before the POD confirmation of delivery..

hey try out by not ticking the POD relevance at the shipping tab for customers who have made advance payment..?

hope it has helped u a bit..