cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM : QM integration !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are creating Inbound deliveries which moves to WM and after TO confirmation, we perform the GR to update the inventory management. Now I have created few materials with QM view active.

While creating inbound delivery using VL31n, I am getting error 'L9528'....

Any idea !!!!

I have found a note 'Note 491500 - L9528: Material cannot be used in inbound dely: QM is active'

But this is valid till 4.6C but we are on 4.7 with latest patch

-

Material D1128 PlntA cannot be used in inbound delivery because QM is active

Message no. L9528

Diagnosis

QM is active for material D1128 in plant ABCD. As a result, the material cannot be used in an inbound delivery item because the item is relevant for picking and because WM is active for the item.

This process is not supported in the current release.

Procedure

Execute the putaway using a goods receipt posting with subsequent

putaway in the Warehouse Management system.

-

regards,

JPS

Edited by: Bhatti JPS on Aug 19, 2009 1:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Even we are facing the similar issue.

Any advice / Update on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uncheck the flag relevent for putaway in your item category for the delivery. See transaction OVLP and check the details for the item category in your inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I want to putaway the stock into WM and then inspect i.e. before Post GR, so that actual goods can be posted in to inventory management.

Even for test purpose, I unchecked the 'relevant for putaway' for ELN item category but no impact.

regards,

JPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea for this please...

regards,

JPS

Edited by: Bhatti JPS on Aug 24, 2009 5:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the goods receipt process is to incorporate inbound deliveries and quality

management, the available options are dictated by your enterprise structure.

If you use Lean Warehouse Management, there are no restrictions for using inbound

deliveries at the same times as quality management.

If you use Warehouse Management (WM) and create a transfer order to putaway

the inbound delivery, you must also use Handling Unit Management. Due to this

requirement, you have to pack materials in the inbound delivery before you can book

the goods receipt. Packing automatically generates handling units and inspection lots

for the handling units. You can use Customizing to control whether you first execute

the putaway or post the goods receipt after packing. However, this decision can only

be made using Handling Unit Management.

It is only possible to use WM with quality management and without Handling Unit

Management along with certain specific settings. The item categories of the inbound

delivery are not allowed to be relevant to putaway, which ensures that a connection

is not created to WM. The inbound delivery can then only be used for goods receipt

posting along with transaction MIGO, which posts goods receipt for the purchase

order items. This creates an inspection lot and a quantity with stock category Q with

the inspection lot number in WM.

hopr it helps

Thanks /karthi

Edited by: Karthik on Aug 19, 2009 2:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kartik,

So it means that we need to delink the 'Item category' for putway relevant.

Which results is we need to update the Inventory Management first and then Warehouse management.

Actually this way we have to book the stock in 'blind' assuming the quantities are correct....

2ndly we are capturing Shipment freight cost and after creating shipment cost document, changes in Inbound delivery are not allowed. And while reversing material document (in case of correction)has impact the 'Shipment freight cost' because MIGO and other M* transaction does not update the freight (indound delivery)changes happened (unless GR made via inbound deliveries)...

It seems things are getting complex rather simpler!!!

or I m missing the key stuff...

regards,

JPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set the "Insp for HU" cehckbox in the Material master-QM view.

Now system allows me to create the Inbound delivery and the I am packing the materials in HU.

But after saving System is not creating any Inspection lot !

Other thing is when I creates the TO for Inbound delivery, system putaway all the stock with stock category 'Q' in WM.

Please suggest, what I am missing so, that system create the Inspection lot...

regards,

JPS