Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Formula

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Was created one structure in Row's , for that structure i assigned one new formula name(TPID) .(This formula variable is Replacement path of chracteristc "YTPID" in rows).

After execution report instead of displaying YTPID value, it's displaying formula name "TPID" i don't know way, can any one clearify this .

Advance Thanks

ANR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anr,

pls check whether your attribute is for key figure type or not if is kf type then only it replaces the path. and check whether u are selecting attribute or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Murali said,

4.Now create a formula variable (from context menu of KF structure in columnas) with processing types as replacement path,choose 'TPID' characteristc,replace with 'key',Number...etc

<b>Instead of replace with key..use replace variable with 'attribute value' and give attribute as 'characteristic reference(constant 1)'.</b>

and in the formula properties set calculate result as 'summation'

and make sure of the order first branch code and then ytpid

hope it helps..

shylaja.

hope this helps.

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shylaja.

thanks for your contribute on this issue.

but as u said "<b>Instead of replace with key..use replace variable with 'attribute value' and give attribute as 'characteristic reference(constant 1)'."</b>

here is not problem with replacing with what either key or attribute, it is question of displaying.

I want clarify one issue is tpid is only character it's does not have any attribute and also i didn't mentioned any where in this discussion.

let me know any other soltuion.

thanks a lot.

By

ANR

<b></b><b></b><b></b>

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You wanted to have No of TPIDs per Branch code.Right? i dont thik it matters whether count is in rows or columns..becoz user/clint not going to check how we are designing...thats what my exp says...we will try to provide desired output....Evry thing may not be possible as user needs...anyways can give an example how u r report should look like?

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything may not possible in BW i know that, at the same time we need to satisfy client requirement also.

my Exact output like this.

Branch code Tpid Tpid Count Kefig

B001--

--

B001--

--

B001 -

236--

1--

B001--

--

Total--

4--

Here ultimate goal is they want count how many tpid members for one particular Branch code. Here 4 Tpid's for Branch B001 ok. count tpid formula should be displyed after immediately tpid characteristic in rows.(in between tpid and count tpid formula variable there some more objects are displayed so, that's why i need display after immediate tpid characteristics.)

i think u understood.

by

ANR

Message was edited by: ANR

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i gave u solution for the same yaar...

what are the other chars u have ?let me know all the chars...will tell you how to format the design.

please provide format of out put with all chars....

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

scenario 1:

Here i assume you have only Branch code ,TPID and KF.

Place Branch code in rows in First position always.Sort Branch code by Text in ascending /descending order.

TPID char would be in 2nd position in rows.and set Suppress result rows to 'never'.

In KF structure,Formula1 i.e. count formula should be in first position.Place KF in 2nd position. so that Count will be displayed just next to TPID.

this procedure is same as i mentioned in my previous post(creating formula variable,hiding this formula variable..etc and unhide the kF) except couple of changes as i mentioned above.

<b>Scenerio2:</b>

here i assume that there are few other chars also required other than Branh code and TPID( as u mentioned in u r previous reply)

1. Place Branch code always in first position.<b>Sort</b> it by '<b>Text</b>' in ascending /descending order.Set suppress result rows to 'never'.

2. place TPID now in rows.Set Suppress result rows to 'always'.

3. Now include all the other chars between Branch code and TPID in rows.

branch code is always in first position and TPID in last postion.

Set suppress result rows to 'always' for all other included chars except for 2nd position characteristic.

positions in rows:

lets take an example:

1.Branch code 2.xxxx 3.yyyyy 4.aaaaa 5.bbbbbb 6.TPID.

Branch code always in 1st postion and TPID in the last postion.

for 1st snd 2nd positioned characteristics,Suppress result rows should be set to 'never' .for remaining all it should be set to 'always'

4.In KF structure(columns) ,arrange such that Formula i.e (COUNT(formula1) is in first postion and your Kf is in 2nd position.So that when you execute the Query,u will see TPID and Count next to each other.

Formula1 is formula variable on TPID.Hide this formula1.

Hope this solves your issue...

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

thanks for your valuable contribution on this issue, and the problem was solved by myself.

thaks a lot.

by

ANR

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's gr8.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and what are the proprties of this formula variable?let me know.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ANR,

can u send screen shot of Query designer/Formula variable and Output screen shot to cc.sdn.sap@gmail.com?

thnaks

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks murali for prompt reply.

Murali there is no confusion here, I was created one structure in ROW's area, for that structure i assigned by right click on the structure and i took New formula (This new formula is created by the replacement processing type for YTPID chracteristic.).

when i run the query it displying formula name that is here 'TPID' it't not diplaying value of YTPID.

and i didn't changed any properties for formula.

that is the question.

by

ANR

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ANR,

thats ok..you are replacing variable with ????what did you select here? attribute?key?...etc..

if attribute,then what is data tupe of this attribute?

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

am replaceing with key data type is number.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u send screen shot of output to me?

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

murali i sended screeshot to u r mail id.

pls check it and give a solution.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry..can u just send screen shot of output without zipping?

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi maurali,

i'm not able upload file without zip.

result like this

actual result

rpid

rpid " this is formula name

rpid

rpid

expected result.

345 " this are the rpid values. (replaced by the ytpid

334 characteristic)

i think now understood my problem

by

ANR

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ANR,

what i understood from the screen shot which u sent is ..you have a structure in rows,TPID is included in that structure and 'Branch Code' out side the structure and again TPID(ouside the structure).Am i right?

in this case ,Displayed TPID many times is from structute.U cant get the values of TPID as it is in the structure.Nothning wrong here.

go to Query Properties >display tab>check 'Hide repeated key values'.Then You will see TPID only once in Query output.

If you want to see TPID values,just remove it from structure and place it in rows along with BranchCode.Thats it.Nothng else can be done.

For example..you take material in structure(right click on structure>new selection>drag and drop material>leave description blank>ok)....it will not display all material values,but only description 'material' instead.Thats what happend here also...Structure element gives aggregated values.It will not give you individual values.

Hope this helps...

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

thanks for your help on this issue.

Actually my requirement is, display the no of tpid's for one particular branch code. that's why i created one replacement path for tpid and i counted and i want display that in rows , that it will not possible na, that's why i created one structure in rows, for that structure i assigned tpid counted formula variable.

any thanks for your valuable.

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here your points

thanks a lot

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think that is possible without creating structure...y are you gng with replacement path variable?no need....lets tryout...let me your requirement clearly...

ok..to count u r gng for formula variable...thats fine

pl don't forget to reward for helpul answers.

Message was edited by: Murali

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where ?

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ANR,

Follow the below mentioned stpes to achieve u r requirement

1.drag and drop Branch code into rows.

Properties of brach code : Display as 'Key',Suppress result rows 'never/always'.Enable 'sort order' and sort Branch code by key in Ascending order.

(pl make sure Branch code should be in first position).

2. drag and drop YPID into Rows next to Branchcode.

properties of TPID: Display as 'Key'.Suppress result rows 'Never'.

3.Drag and drop any KF into columns and Hide it as u dont need in Query.

4.Now create a formula variable (from context menu of KF structure in columnas) with processing types as replacement path,choose 'TPID' characteristc,replace with 'key',Number...etc

5.create a fromula1 = 'formula variable' which u created in 4th step.

hide this fromula1.

6.now create a fromula = COUNT(formula1)

Count function is available under data functions.

Provide description as 'Count of TPID' or as u like.

Execute the Query...

you will see number of TPIDs per BranchCode.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Addition to that:

go to properties of Formula ,delete the description and set 'calculate single values as ' to "Suppress Result".

formula is COUNT(formula1).

Thanks

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

Begore positng this question in SDN, i did samething what your explain now.

only thing is i need dispaly count variable in rows not in columns. any way that will not possbile na, that's

why i created one structure in rows and assigned same count variable to that structure but inestead of displaying counter value it's displaying formula name.

that is my problem yar.

let me know any solutions on this issue.

and i gave relevant points also pls check it out again.

by

ANR