cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating Development Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have imported the configuration succesfully. When I'm trying to start the development process by creating the Development Compoent I am getting the following error:

-

Accessing server root property(XCM_CLIENT: minVersion) failed: Forbidden[(pre||post)- condition failed: DAV: access-denied]

Communication Error: Could not initialize the DTR clilent "ECC_MYTRACK_D"!

and there is also a pop up which says +C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.dtc\0\buildvariant.config is missing +

-

any suggestions?

Thanks, Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem occurs when the user tries to acess DTR with insufficient roles.

The solution is

Go to the user admin page of server and assign required roles to XXX user to access DTR.

1. Add XXX user to NWDI.Administrators and NWDi.developers groups

2. Also add NWDi.administrator role to XXX User.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Rajat

Edited by: Rajat Jain on Aug 26, 2009 10:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

when are you getting this exception exactly?

check if DTR is up and running with the basis team

confirm whether you have required authorizations i,e NWDI developer and NWDi.Admin roles assigned to your user or not.

Regards,

Satya

Edited by: Satya on Aug 19, 2009 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your quick response.

This error is stopping me from creating the Development Component with in the InActive DCs. I started creating DC by using the context menu from the sfotware component.

Next in the wizard I have mentioned the vendor, name and selected the DC type as well. in the last step when I am about to click on Finish button this error is coming. I am sure that the NWDI Develoer and Administrator roles were assigned to me.

Can you also let me know, How can I check whether DTR is up and running.

Thanks, Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

first thing is, if you create a project in Active DCs, you cannot modify the DC. if you want yo modify create in Inactive DC.

to check if Dtr is up, jus login to http://<hostname>:<portnumber>/dtr.

if you are able to login , it is up.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I was trying to create the Development Component in InactiveDCs for the software component that I have imported through the track. this is where I'm struck.

And I checked for DTR and when I tried to login it says that I'm not authorized. I was also assigned the NWDI.Admin and NWDI.Developer roles.

am I doing anything wrong, please suggest.

Thanks, Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check if you are able to login with other users.

if not, amy be the NWDI_Admin user name which you give in CMS domain data might be changed or expired.

Ask the basis tema to update the username and password where ever it is used.

then you will be able to login and will be able to create DCs.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

I was able to log in to DTR using the NWDI_Admin user and it's up and running well.

but when i'm trying to create the DEvelopment Component in NWDS for the Software Component that I have imported through the track, it's not allowing me to create DC. I'm getting the following error in NWDS, when I want to finish the DC creation wizard:

-

+Accessing server root property (XCM_CLIENT:minVersion) failed: Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied]

-

and on at the left below corner of NWDS, there is following error:

-

Communication Error: Could not initialize the DTR client "ECC_MYTRACK_D"!

-

can you please help me resolving this issue?

Thanks, Balaji