cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have two NWDI based webdynpro DCs, one is having couple of simple helper classes and have a public part for

compilation. The second UI DC is using the java classes of first DC through public part. When I run the application

in second DC it says java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

I have checked the ear of helper webdynpro dc and could see the helper classes bundled inside the archive, hence it

seems that classes are deployed properly in the server. However the classloader is not able to load the class specified.

Could any one tell me what is the reason of this error. I even tried putting the helper dc in the shared reference, but

of UI dc in that case the UI dc becomes undeplyable. However I feel that it is not needed to be mentioned in the sharing

reference.

Also the DCs are located in two different SCs.

Thanks

Sudeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Check the Use Dependencies of DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya

It is absolutely fine in using PP parts of DCs located in different SCs. And in my case also I have no issues in accessing the PP as the class is very well accessible at designtime. What I am not able to understand is why webdynpro class loader is not able to load the class at runtime and throwing NoClassDefFoundError.

Thanks

Sudip

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This exception is coming bez of the required jar/Class file is not able to reach to server, If it is the jar file then you need to put in the lib folder your application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError is thrown when your class A can not find definition class B whose object is created inside class A. Please check the public parts again. Also when you are usinf the public parts of 1st DC into another just check are you really able to access PP.

As you wrote that your DCs are located in seperate SCs it is not possible for one DC to access PP of 2nd DC if they exists in seperate tracks

Edited by: Aishwarya Sharma on Aug 19, 2009 1:11 PM