Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgradation time and pain points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Currently SAP 4.7 is implemented in a company

*1. My requirement is-- Reporting Requirements - data unable to be stored in PS*--> Add additional data (free text commentary) to the existing project details in PS and then view this inside the existing reporting in BW

2.Copying Projects - Constraint Dates and status not copied-->u2022 Copying Projects o We currently struggle copying projects, as whilst the framework of a particular project may remain, the actual project progress/constraints are removed (ie it does not recognise if tasks have been completed or remain pending, nor does it recognise constraints that may have been given to selected key milestones).

o These dates then have to be added back manually by the Project Manager.

o Does an alternate version of SAP give the ability to copy projects both with/without actual progression data?

3.Scenario Review - Project Versions & Simulations-->u2022 Scenario Review

o Our current version of SAP does not appear to allow us flexibility in view multiple-scenarios of risk in a project without overwriting the original or exporting dates into Excel for onward viewing and not saving the example. Is there a way of saving u2018optionsu2019, to enable the risk to be reviewed and agreed, and then the relevant version made u2018liveu2019?

4. Off line working-->u2022 On Line

o Currently, all updates to SAP projects need to be made on the live systemu2026off-line working is not possible. Does an alternate version of SAP enable projects to be taken off line, amended, and then uploaded back onto the server?

5.Associated Documents-->u2022 Associated Documents

o Are there options for uploading related documents into SAP that relate to individual projects (ie briefs, business cases)?

I have mentioned my scenarios above , now I would like to know that whether it is possible to achieve this thru configuration in same SAP 4.7 system or it is required to upgrade in ECC 5.0 or 6.0 and if yes then how can I achieve this in

a)If I am going to interact the client then what shoule i ask regarding the above 5 points.

a) SAP 4.7/5.0/6.0 systems and

b)how much time (in man hours/ OR consultant/hours ) is required to do this.

Any pointers.

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ansd

Former Member
0 Kudos

ansd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding Point 3 - You can create multiple simulations of a project, make changes to the simulations and then transfer back the desired simulation to the operative project. Use transaction CJV4 to transfer operative to simulation and vice versa. You can edit simulations in Project Builder or CJV2.

4. Off line working is still not possible in PS. But you can transfer the data to MS Project. Make changes in MS Project and transfer it back. Refer to help documentation on OpenPS

5. You can attach documents to WBS elements or activities. This requires corresponding settings in DMS. Or you can use PS Texts.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

Regarding your point 2: I do not believe there is something in the system with which you can copy transactional data like actual dates and confirmations.

The only way to copy actuals is when you are copying a operative project into another plan or simulation version. Not sure however whether that is you want to pursue.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Still the querry is unresolved.

Any pointers.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs guys.......