cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Requirements - BW upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am currently using SAP 4.7 in my company.

a) Reporting Requirements - BW upload

1) Full Tracker 240709 u2013 this is the weekly report showing all u2018liveu2019 CPAs.

1. Using the classifications on SAP, we filter only u2018releasedu2019 projects. It does not include those projects which have been created but remain unreleased, nor does it include closed (cancelled or delivered) projects.

2. This report is usually approximately 50 pages long, and will include c300 projects.

3. A frustration is that there are only a set number of milestones we can utilise in SAP. These were originally set up for us in 2005 when the system went live, and we have been advised there is no opportunity to add additional milestones without further configuration (although we have found a transaction that we can rename them). A future requirement for this report will be the ability to amend, add or vary additional milestones.

4. All but the last three columns is data automatically pulled from SAP. The remaining three columns are currently vlooked up against an Excel file, which holds commentary updated by the Project Managers on a daily/weekly basis. Preference would be to avoid the need for two sources of information and have the ability to include these text fields on SAP (but still be easily updatable).

5. Meeting agendas are very similar to this report, but are limited to a specific category(ies) and will be shown in a specific order. Again, this is currently achieved by use of an excel file as the commentary is kept in the running order of the meeting. Does SAP provide the option to produce reports in user-defined order?

2) Sign Off and BME - this is a simple data report, using milestones that appear in the Full Tracker.

1. The data from SAP is filtered to show only u2018plannedu2019 dates on live projects. Selected data columns are then shown and sorted in date order. Any projects that do not have data in designated columns are excluded.

2. This is currently achieved by use of macros in Excel as well as a data export from SAP. Does SAP provide any options to carry out this type of data analysis without the use of Excel? At present, we rely on these macros being written and managed inhouse, and this expertise will shortly be lost from the team.

3) Classification Report. A top line summary, cross referenced by Category, number and type of product classification, and date of delivery.

1. This report pulls data from SAP using both u2018liveu2019 and u2018closed u2013 not cancelledu2019 CPAs over previous, current and subsequent years.

2. It needs to exclude those projects cancelled and not delivered, as well as those not released.

3. Currently achieved by use of Excel alongside SAP data. On an Excel file, each project is u2018classifiedu2019 into one of six columns. This is then cross-referenced back to the SAP data, and a pivot table produced. As per standard pivot tables, a number can be clicked to bring up all relating projects in more detail (this is not working on the copy provided due to confidentiality). The report creation is supported by use of macros. Are there options to enable each project to be classified against certain criteria and reported accordingly?

I have mentioned my requirement above and I would like to know that whether it is possible in SAP by configuration then how and how much time is required to fulfill this requirement.

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ansd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any pointers friends..

Regards