Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Configuration steps for EDI

Former Member

Hello Gurus,

I am into an international implementation project where I am require to configure outbound and Inbound IDOC for banking operations.

The following are the configurational details made available to me:-

A) The payment medium program being used is RFFOEDI1 - Allows EDI process (table T042Z).

B) The IDOC Type and Message Type Combinations are as follows:

(a.) IDOC Type PEXR2002

Message Type:

i. EUPEXR

ii. PAYEXT

iii. ISU_REMADV

iv. CREADV

v. DEBADV

vi. DIRDEB

vii. PAYEXT

viii. REMADV

(b) IDOC Type FINSTA01

Message Type: FIINSTA

It would be really nice of you if you could in reply answer the following to me:-

a) What are the complete configurational steps so that the outbound IDOCS are created after executing an F110?

b) What are the complete configurational steps so that proper inbound IDOCS are generated for the updation and creation of an automatic Electronic BRS?

c) What are the Pre and Post requisites for the above steps?

Regards,

Supriyo

1 REPLY 1

Former Member

This is the general EDI Configuration required to be done for Transfering IDoc

1. First of all, we need to identify the Transaction Data which is required to be Transfered to external System.(Ex: Sales Order Data or Shipment Data or Delivery Related Data).

2. Secondly, Identify the IDoc Type & Message Type. IDoc Type can be found in Transaction WE30 & Message Type Can be explored in Transaction WE81.

3. After that, assign the IDoc Type to Message Type in WE82.

4. Identify the Selection Program (Outbound) which is generally a Function Module in the Form of IDOC_OUTPUT_<Message Type>. Example, if the Message Type is ORDERS, the FM will be IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS.

5. Assign the Function Module to a Process Code in WE41 (Process Code for Outbound).

6. Configure Port Definitions in WE21 for which the RFC destinations are to be maintained in Transaction SM59.

7. Maintain Partner Profiles for the Outbound Message Processing in WE20.

8. Last, but not the Least, we need to Focus Mainly on Message Control Configuration which is nothing but maintaining the Output Type for the Outbound IDoc to be Triggered for the Sales Order Application or Delivery Application.

i. In Message Control Configuration, we'll maintain

a. Condition Tables

b. Access Sequences

c. Output Types

ii. To Create the above elements, we can go to SPRO Transaction and do the same depending on the Application Area such as Sales / Shipping / Logistics Execution etc.

iii. For Output Types & Access Sequences, we can go to the Transaction NACE or VK01 in which we'll maintain the Output Types / Access Sequences & Condition Records.

Please note that all the above steps may not be needed if we are using some of the Standard Elements provided by SAP such as Message Type, Process Code, IDoc Type & Selection Program as many of the Standard SAP Applications have their own Elements for different Application Areas.

For example, if you want to send an Order Confirmation IDoc when the Sales Order is saved, you can use the Message Type ORDRSP, IDoc Type ORDERS05 & Selection Program as IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDRSP.

However, Message Control Configuration is the Key Factor and is required for all the Applications as per the Customer's / Client's Requirements.