Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy sender possible in integrated configuration AAE with PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we are running PI 7.11.

We have serveral scenarios where the senderis an ABAP proxy and the receiver is reached by a jave adapter.

With Ehp1 the SOAP adapter offers the possibilty to chose XI 3.0 as message protocol.

We use this feature already in scenarios where ABAP proxy is receiver.

But is it also possible to use it at sender side?

Kind regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You said you implemented Receiver ABAP Proxy using integrated config. I am currently doing that. Everything seems to be ok but when i come to the last step of choosing the receiver comm channel which is a proxy channel i am not seeing it to select it in the outbound processing section. Did you face similar problem. Could i be missing something ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

only Java adapters are visible/useable as receiver cc within integrated communications.

Because an ABAP proxy channel is not running on the AAE, it is not visible there.

The trick is to use a SOAP channel in proxy mode by selecting the protocol XI 3.0 and specifying the

correct URL to the integration engine of the receiver backend analog you do it in the sm59 connection for ABAP proxies.

This channel could than be used for integrated configurations.

Hope this helps to solve your issue.

Don`t hesitate to reply in case of further questions/issues.

Kind regards

Jochen

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, it did work. Atleast i am able to create the integrated conf successfully and i see the SOAP call has been made from sender side. At the receiver soap side i am getting the following error, just checking if you got similar error

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.util.URI$MalformedURIException: no scheme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

using SOAP adapter as receiver for proxy messages worked for me fine so far.

Please make sure you use the correct URL in the SOAP receiver channel.

URL pattern http://servername:port/sap/xi/engine?type=receiver

hope this helps.

Kind regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen!

SAP docu says: "You can implement all adapters on the Adapter Engine for a local Message Processing on the Advanced Adapter Engine, apart from the RNIF adapters and the CIDX adapters."

But obviously the ABAP Proxy is not part of that statement.

For more details see here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/content.htm

There is also an AAE FAQ note available: #821268

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

thanks for your help.

You could also use ABAP proxy at sender side during integrated configuration.

Prerequisite is to implement SAP note 1349125 and use following url for acessing the PI from SAP backends.

http://<host>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true

With this URL you could ABAP proxies in normal scenarios where integration server is involved as well as in integrated configurations.

Kind regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Good tip! And nice to hear that your problem is solved now.

Regards,

Volker