cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO to ITS via EP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok all knowing people, I have this working in EP5 but, can't get it working in EP6.

Our Portal:

EP6 SP2 Pack3 Hotfix7. Working like a champ. However, SSO to our ITS box will not work.

I have downloaded and am using the SAP application integrator. After creating the ITS System I make an Iview with com.sap.portal.appintergrator.sap with the generic component selection.

Url template is HTTPS://its.server.net/scripts/wgate/webgui/! ?<authentication>

Template fraction for user mapping:

login=<mappeduser>&password=<mappedpassword>

After I run the Iview I get a runtime error.

"Unable to process template https://its.server.net/scripts/wgate/webgui/! ?<authentication> because authentication is an invalid terminal property of the context."

Am I going in the wrong direction? Do you know of anyone that is running a webgui within an Iview with SSO?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those of you having problems with SSO to ITS via EP6, there is a bug if your portal is at SP10. See recently released SAP Note 828552. A code fix is attached to the note.

- Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Kyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

David -

Is there a reason why you are using the application integrator? You should create a system in the portal for the SAP system to which you are connecting. In the properties, you specify the ITS protocol, server, etc.

Next you should create an iView that uses the previously defined SAP system.

Regards,

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, should have been more spacific on that. I did creat a system with an alias. I do see it on the list of available systems to map to as well.

Kyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

David -

Thanks for the clarified info. However, my original question still stands though. Why are you using the application integrator instead of creating an iView based on the SAP Transaction template?

Regards,

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not understand the way form the template. I know that is the way I did it in EP5. But I could not even get a log on screen with EP6.

App Intergrator is the only way I know how to get to the point of a logon.

If you know of a better way to do they then I bow to your wisdom! Please enlighten this humble student!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to create a "SAP Transaction iView" instead of using the app integrator.

==> right click on the desired folder in the PCD ==> choose "New" and "iView" ==> choose "SAP Transaction iView" ==> enter the ID info ==> choose the GUI type ("SAP Gui for HTML in your case) ==> select your SAP system and enter the desired transaction code ==> save

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh man, I deleted one that I was trying and I delete all the dependencys on it and the SAP Transaction iView is gone.

I am trying to get that back now via a .bak file.

Will try it as soon as I can.

Thanks so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Kyle and Michael.

Man, I was WAY off on this one. I don't know how I could not see it.

Thanks for the responding and directions! I now have SSO with my ITS box with SSL. Will be lifting a glass to you both tonight!

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers, Dave!