0 Kudos

In this transaction, i can see Jobs status as

- Scheduled

- Released

- Ready

- Active

- Finished

- Canceled

Is there a sequence which has to be followed ie, first will be active, released ...... finished.

ALso what is scheduled Job do.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Any background job goes through the following states 'in that sequence':

1. Scheduled (the job has been planned, it will execute at some point of time in future, but you may still edit the job steps at this stage)

2. Released (the job steps cannot be edited, any job scheduled in 'immediate' mode will be in released state directly)

3. Ready (the job is in execution queue and is about to be executed depending upon availability of background work process and the job priority)

4. Active (the job is being executed by a background work process, you may monitor this in sm37 and sm50/51)

5. Finished (all the job steps completed successfully) OR Cancelled (there was a error and job has been terminated, as mentioned in the job log)

Coming to your second question, scheduled job will go through the states mentioned above before its finished or cancelled.

This may clarify your doubts.

Regards,

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant.

The post is answered now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The order in which you listed them is the general sequence of how jobs behave. Although certain circumstances may cause a job to be canceled at any time in between. Scheduled means that the job is ready to be released i.e. you have maintained a start time of something other than "immediate"

Former Member
0 Kudos

'Scheduled' means, it will never run untill relased

just check and confirm from the following link, the 'planned' one

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c4/3a8016505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's brilliant.

This is what i was looking for.

Thanks