cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server proxy - error handling

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm sending messages to ERP through an ABAP Proxy.

My problem is that i get "checkered flag" in SXMB_MONI on ERP even though the execution of my my proxy class fails. (duplicate key etc.).

How can I get errors from my proxy to be reflected in SXMB_MONI on ERP? - so I get a red flag in case of "duplivate keys" etc.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

My problem is the the "DT_fault" message is as far as I can see not defined in PI 7.1

Will I have to define it myself? or can i find it somewere?

-

>In PI 7.1, ExchangeFaultData and ExchangeLogData are SAP provided message types that need be created for each scenario. In previous versions , these messages were automatically created after namespace creation, which is not the case any more .

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You need to raise the System exceptions from your ABAP program, if the error are related to your application or message, then you can go for fault message types and handle them in your server program.

Refer this blog, tells how to handle exceptions from server program:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

Regards,

Prasanna

0 Kudos

Thanks,

According to the blog I have to set up a "fault message type", which defines my exception type in the PROXY. Is this necessary?

Can't I define my exceptions directly in the class builder?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Can't I define my exceptions directly in the class builder?

AFAIK, the only way to raise application errors on a server proxy was to use the Fault message as defined in the blog. I have tried to create an exception in the class builder earlier. But I was not successful in this approach.

Regards

Jai

0 Kudos

ok - thanks,

My problem is the the "DT_fault" message is as far as I can see not defined in PI 7.1

Will I have to define it myself? or can i find it somewere?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

From PI 7.1 Fault message is not available as a default component in every SWCV. You can create a new fault message type.

Please see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/dd/b7623c6369f454e10000000a114084/content.htm

which describes about error handling in Server proxies using Fault messages (PI 7.1)

Regards

Jai