cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to remove searh options from portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am trying to remove the search options from the portal we have developed. i went to default frame work and set 'enable search for KM' as No also for advanced search. In the preview of that page i am able hide the search option. But how can i intergrate this with my pages in the new portal developed. do i have to assign this default frame work to any page or work set? is there any role associated with this?

thanks

Kukku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kukku,

There are two default framework pages delivered by SAP. The framework page which you have to change is

portal content -> portal users -> standard portal users - > Default framework page. When you make changes to this page and gets refreshed the changes are seen.

Hope it helps....

Regards,

Ganesh N

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions. I was able to solve the problem by my own.Here are the steps i follwed.

Removing search option:

Goto system administration-portal display-copy ‘default frame work’ to our folder.

*create new portal display page.

*add the copied default framework to page.

• create rule-If group = mdptest_G1 then default framework/page

• add rule to master rule collection.

Ie. If group = mdptest_g1 add the newly created rule to the framework/display page.

(remove the iview-tool from the default frame work)

Regards

kukku

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you have copied the default framework page and made a new portal desktop for users in your portal then set the KM search property to NO in all the default framework pages. Otherwise changing the property in the default framework page is enough.