Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeploy application version on NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iu2019m working with Developer studio and I have just deployed an application

The problem is that the version I deployed was in errors.

Is it possible to make an undeploy to have the previous version on the server?

Kind regards

Karim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm connected to VA but can't find "Services" -- "Deploy".

Could you please help me on this?

Kr

karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

Go through this steps.

Visual Administrator->Server->Services->Deploy

right side Under the Deploy_Service->Server -> Webdynpro.

You will see the applications deployed to webdynpro container. Select the application you want to remove from the system, stop the application and click the remove button to remove it.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

If you want to do this through SDM as well like I mentioned earlier. You can try that if you want. Go through the following SAP Help link. It gives a very clear explanation about the undeployment process through SDM.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/2c3c1bf823204c8370bfacbe54133b/frameset.htm

In brief:-

For undeploy from SDM console. Go to

<Drive:>\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program. Run RemoteGUI.bat file. Login with SDM password. Go to Undeployment tab. Select the webdynpro application. Click Start Undeployment. Confirm to Finish.. U r done.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal.

Edited by: Gopal on Aug 19, 2009 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gopal ,

Hi the VA, can I see all different version of the same application or will I just the the current version?

Is it possible to change the version to redeploy?

Kr

Karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

You can undeply the WD Java Application by following the procedure explained by "Anup" in the earlier post. I have done this many times and it worked for me. It is pretty straight forward to undeploy it from Visual Admin. But, if you want to do it through SDM, it is possible as well but it is a pain as it takes a while compared to Visual Administrator tool which is very fast.

I hope this helps you. Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karim,

If you are developing the application on the track (NWDI), then you can revert to the version that is checked-in and error-free and deploy that.

If it a local development, then you can undeploy the application using the Visual Administrator (you would have to ask the person who has the required access to do this for you). Once undeployed, you can correct the application and redeploy it.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Divyata

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You also can try to remove it via VA, there via "Services" -- "Deploy" -- choose your app -- "Remove". I'm not sure if this really removes everything from the server. You may give it a try, but as said, removing it via SDM is the most original way.